Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Headlight harness question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly I dont remeber the direction. Its been a couple of months. I set it and forgat it lol.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:15 PM

no problem, thanx for the info.

i have washed my truck with high pressure wand and no leaks so far. how have yours been holding up?

have you also done the hi/low mod?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Chapter President

I did not do the hi/low mod. Dont need my highs anymore. Mine hae been hit the high pressure wand several times, Rain, Ice and snow and look just fine still.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:29 PM

right on, sounds good. i tried the hi/low mod and my dr side bulb exploded. now i have to take the new housing out and put the stocker back in while i clean it out and let dry. what a pita! it's not worth the extra light output anymore (but man was it ever a lot of light with the highs on!)
i hear several guys have done the hi/low mod for years with no problems, maybe it has something to do with the extra wattage the harness allows. . . .
Old 03-02-2008, 06:21 PM

wiring harness blues

I have been following the different posts about lighting upgrades and different bulb options. I decided to go with the wiring harnesses (sport headlights) and flosser bulbs. I got the both harnesses in about 10 days but had to wait for a couple of months before the bulbs arrived. Anyway last week all parts were here and we started what I thought was a simple job... I don't know if its just the Canadian trucks with daytime running lights or the sports headlights but those wiring harnesses are not compatible to my Dodge headlights.
Has anyone completed the wiring on a daytime running light system sports headlights and do you have a wiring diagram to help.
Thanks in advance
Old 03-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Gronk
I have been following the different posts about lighting upgrades and different bulb options. I decided to go with the wiring harnesses (sport headlights) and flosser bulbs. I got the both harnesses in about 10 days but had to wait for a couple of months before the bulbs arrived. Anyway last week all parts were here and we started what I thought was a simple job... I don't know if its just the Canadian trucks with daytime running lights or the sports headlights but those wiring harnesses are not compatible to my Dodge headlights.
Has anyone completed the wiring on a daytime running light system sports headlights and do you have a wiring diagram to help.
Thanks in advance
To be compatible with relays you have to disable DRL's by removing a module under the dash.