Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Head Work/Bottem End work

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Work/Bottem End work

Well I thought that I made a post concerning what I was going to do but I searched and I couldn't find one.

So after closing the bay up in the back of our shop to customer vehicles it was open to our personal rides. I figured it would be a good time to pull the head and have it O-Ringed and studded. I am also in the process of converting it to a SRW and get it painted and body work done.

Pulled the head off and can still see the hatch marks in the cylinder walls.
Head gasket WAS popped at the front of No. 1.
I got the exhaust manifold blasted and cleaned up now it has acouple coats of paint on it.
I am getting the head O-Ringed, #60 Valve Springs, and the rockers machined for the 12MM studs.

While having it down I also figured it would be a good time to pull the timing cover to check the KDP much to my surprise it did not come out at all.
But where the dowl sits in there is a crack running up.

I also plan on putting just the griddle kit (Not main studs/Intergrated Main stud griddle) in the pan. The main reason I wanna pull the pan is to crush test the bearings, I'm not to worried about the griddle kit but figured I mise well put the griddle kit in.

I am also putting the Oil pump from a 24V in.

What is the process in pulling the pan? It says in the book to either A) Hoist the engine up and block the mounts, or cherry pick it up?
Any other ways?

Thanks all for input, I'll get some pictures tomorrow.