Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Have I lost the need to stand on it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have I lost the need to stand on it?

I dunno whats wrong lately am I afraid of VP44 troubles or lift pump troubles lately my Comp has been on 3 and Im totally happy last summer I couldn't drive it off of 5! Maybe the PDR 40 makes a big kick? I dunno whats up? :'( I might also be taking it easy on my tranny because I fear having to replace it with a 5000 dollar DTT one right now :'(
Old 05-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Have I lost the need to stand on it?

I would not worry about it, you probably just have a little temporary weightloss on your right foot ;D
Old 05-13-2003, 03:14 PM

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=7;threadid=14674;start=0#137677 date=1052855493]<br>I dunno whats wrong lately am I afraid of VP44 troubles or lift pump troubles lately my Comp has been on 3 and Im totally happy last summer I couldn't drive it off of 5! Maybe the PDR 40 makes a big kick? I dunno whats up? :'( I might also be taking it easy on my tranny because I fear having to replace it with a 5000 dollar DTT one right now :'(<br>[/quote]<br><br>You have decent injectors and the COMP.........personally I would say drive around in Level II or III..........saving IV and V for when you are getting used to the power. Thats what I do for the most part........it helps prevent getting used to the power level, because once you get used to it it gets more exspensive
Old 05-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Banned

QUICK!! Go outside, put it on 5x5, and mash the gas! That's what I do with mine (except I just turn mine on since I don't have a pump wire). ;D
Old 05-13-2003, 06:07 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

Oh Oh.<br><br>This isn't a good thing.<br><br>It sounds as though you've been inflicted with the NonBOMBoholitis virus.<br><br>This is a nasty, but rare virus that occasionally rears its ugly head. Thankfully, you appear to be in the early stages of viral development, since you've only turned the Comp box down, and not completely off. If left to run its course, you would certainly find yourself slowly removing all of your aftermarket performance parts, replacing them with stock parts. If left still unchecked, you would find yourself selling the diesel truck and buying a Yugo Diesel.<br><br>Treatment is very easy. I would recommend you find a gathering of rice burners, and force yourself to turn your box up to level 5. Choose a speedy target to race against, and give it a shot. Repeat until the desire to turn the box down leaves. Once the desire to turn the box down has left, I would then heavily recommend taking aggressive treatment action. One route would be stepping into even larger EDM injectors, or the installation of a KSB1B turbocharger.<br><br>I really hope that we can help you through this difficult time. Get well soon!<br><br>Rod
Old 05-13-2003, 07:09 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

Of course this could also be an unusually early onset of old age or even something called maturity. Not having experienced either one I have no advice to offer. However, rumor has it that once these symptoms start that there is no cure. You could try PushRod's suggestion and let us know what happens. Another possibility is a disease called &quot;Brokeitis&quot;. This occasionally happens when one is trying to find more money to satisfy the wife or girlfriend and an unusual urge is felt to start saving money. If this is the case, it will pass in due course.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:17 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Well Jamie... I know this must be hard for you, but as to regards for your transmission situation, I can help you quickly and easily.
Take your box, your injectors and your turbo and send this evil stuff to me. I'll take care.
To console you for your losses I will not only send you orthopedic wood ball seat covers, but there is more! a vanilla scented wonder tree air freshener, and a &quot;Type R&quot; decal.

;D

AlpineRAM
Old 05-14-2003, 08:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Jaimie you have a very different variety of S.A.R.S.<br><br>DISCLAIMER I'm not making light of the SARS virus...theres been some issues with it in Ontario and I do not intend this to take away the seriousness of that virus.<br><br>Slow As Rod Syndrome is from driving past too many farms. <br><br>Its starts out as s simple twinge in the right foot lifting off the pedal to oogle the livestock. This then spreads to the lower limbs in a quivering sensation that makes a grown man look like some kind of jello figure. Next is the onset of handtwitchitusmaximus. You now are unable to mash the go pedal and your hands will turn down all power and windows.<br>It gets worse my friend. :'(<br>You will begin to take on the look of a lonely deprived goat roper and start to BAAaaaaAaa BaaaAAaaaaaaa out the window like a mating call from a National Geographic show. <br><br>The worst part is you will start muttering lines such as...&quot;My name is Rod, here sheepy sheepy.&quot; You will drive your truck at idle lurking around animal pens and then the next step is what makes the use of your truck become futile.<br>People will begin to ask you why there is &quot;wool&quot; on the seats and then you as a man are finished. [undecided]<br><br>The only way to get rid of this affliction is to face it head on.<br>Come on out here this weekend and dress Rod up as a Sheep [he will like that] and look at him in a crazed manner.<br>Push Rod has the anti venom for this affliction. I've seen him drink it before he goes to family visits or the bank. He'll have you a glass of it in a split second! Afterall, he don't want nobody but Gonzo dippin into his herds. <br><br>
Old 05-14-2003, 09:01 AM

Thats the best one yet, Scotty.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Banned

That's to funny.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Top's Younger Twin

[quote author=Scott(Gonzo) link=board=7;threadid=14674;start=0#138074 date=1052931764]<br>Very well put Scotty, I think you left out a blast of CooOOooOOooL Air.. ;D <br>[/quote]<br><br>I didn't want to discuss your side effects or aftermath.<br> <br>I think its a good idea to mount a Scotty in the right spot to COOooooOoooooooOOOoooOoL poor old Push Rod. LOL Its a family site and what I really want to type would be worded different. 8)
Old 05-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Scotty,

What you been drinkin', boy? You is waxing so eloquent as to make us all shiver.

I think Reader's Digest is on the phone for you - - wanting your next journal of experiences. ;D ;D

ReallyReallyImpressedBob

ps: quit pickin' on poor ole Rod - - he da man. &gt; &gt;
Old 05-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Top's Younger Twin

<br><br>theres a talent within wee Scotty that gets out now and then.<br>Its called,<br><br>multiplpersonalitybeyondtreatmentit usthathasbaffledmodernmedicinefordecadesandhelpsme typeCOOOOOoooooLstoriessyndrome<br><br> ;D ???
Old 05-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=Scotty link=board=7;threadid=14674;start=0#138120 date=1052940056]<br> <br><br>theres a talent within wee Scotty that gets out now and then.<br>Its called,<br><br>multiplpersonalitybeyondtreatmentit usthathasbaffledmodernmedicinefordecadesandhelpsme typeCOOOOOoooooLstoriessyndrome<br><br> ;D ???<br>[/quote]<br><br>Holy Cow, you have been snortin' diesel additives. <br><br>JustBob

Quick Reply: Have I lost the need to stand on it?