Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Hard starting problem I have

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cuz199824v2wd
Message to all who responded with help: Thank you ! I will check the injector lines, just to be sure. Changed out the starter and the problem has gone......so far ! ( knock on wood! uh, have to use my head ! )

Diesel-Dan, I'm still interested in the fuel pressure gauge and mounting it in the cab using an isolator. Any suggestions as to what Auto Meter part I may need ? And would I need to hook it up to the port on the FASS Pump or put a "tee" inline on the outlet side of the FASS System, close to the Injector Pump ? Also, I'm not sure how to look back 8 posts on this DTR page. Could you give me a hint on how to do it or do I need to do something at another page ?
Cuz
I don’t suggest any type of gauge......but my Pricol Optix gauges are sweet! haha! I don’t use an isolator...too many issues with them. I use a needle valve in the line so i can shut off the flow if i need to. You can just "T" anywhere you need to if you build it to accept 3/8" line. Then use reducer bushings to get to 1/8" NPT. We do have a tap for a gauge on the FASS. Its on the pressure manifold block, directly above the Fuel Filter (Where you hooked up your line to run to the injection pump).

You will never find a lifetime wnty VP-44....if you do....let me know where you got it! I will buy one! To reman these pumps, you have to be a Bosch Authorized Remanufacture. More than likely your pump shop is getting these 2nd hand (Which is fine….that is a good price he gave you). Unless they are a pretty big outfit.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:11 AM

Diesel-Dan,
When I tap into the fuel line to install the fuel pressure gauge, will the pressure from the FASS System read around 95 psi or will it read 16 psi ? I guess what I'm asking is what PSI rating of a gauge will I need ?
And I've seen the Pricol Optix Gauges at Black Cloud and hey, they do look very sweet indeed ! I wonder will they work with the Banks Ottomind System I presently have ? I was told by Banks that these Banks gauges ( the signals ) are sent by their control box ( which came in my PowerPack kit ) to their gauges and that they are configured to work with this system. So I wonder, if I were to order these Pricol Optix Gauges and unhook the wires from the Banks Ottomind Computer, will everything still work properly ? And by the way, the Banks Gauges are made by Autometer, in case you didn't know, or at least that is what they told me.
Cuz
Old 10-05-2006, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by cuz199824v2wd
Diesel-Dan,
When I tap into the fuel line to install the fuel pressure gauge, will the pressure from the FASS System read around 95 psi or will it read 16 psi ? I guess what I'm asking is what PSI rating of a gauge will I need ?
And I've seen the Pricol Optix Gauges at Black Cloud and hey, they do look very sweet indeed ! I wonder will they work with the Banks Ottomind System I presently have ? I was told by Banks that these Banks gauges ( the signals ) are sent by their control box ( which came in my PowerPack kit ) to their gauges and that they are configured to work with this system. So I wonder, if I were to order these Pricol Optix Gauges and unhook the wires from the Banks Ottomind Computer, will everything still work properly ? And by the way, the Banks Gauges are made by Autometer, in case you didn't know, or at least that is what they told me.
Cuz
We have a tap for fuel pressure on the FASS like mentioned before. OR build a "T" with 2, 3/8" barb fittings. Then use reducer bushings to bring it down to 1/8" NPT. This can be installed anywhere in the 3/8" line......

Unless banks offers a Fuel pressure gauge, i would feel that a mechanical 0-30 PSI would be plenty. The 95 is Gallons Per Hour. Not PSI. You could be anywhere from 13-21 PSI depending how old of the kit you have.