Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

H.O.'s over 400 HP, post combos please

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can read my sig. At Gorends Dyno event last year on a Mustang 250 I was 485hp and 1205ft. Trying to get time to get my own set of twins done, but been busy building everyone elses...........good luck. Jim.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:32 AM

Spicy, What are those injectors rated at?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rjohnson
Any WEB site/contact info for Industrial Inj?

RJ
www.industrialinjection.com

They also are the home of the Phat Shaft turbos that are so highly regarded.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bart Timothy
I've had a HRVP44 sitting on the shelf for several months waiting for me to decide whether to install it on my ETH or not. Finally got it installed last Tuesday, but haven't had the chance to dyno yet.

Seat of the pants tells me the horse power is almost the same with the wire un-tapped using the Comp in EZ mode, now, as it was with the original VP44 and wire tapped and Drag Comp on 5x5. I may decide not to tap the wire.

It's funny you mention that, because a friend of mine down in Loveland, CO (Mgoncalves on TDR) replaced his bad VP with a HRVP from I.I.

Then he sold his Comp. He said he never used it anymore, since power was the same with the HR as with the Comp on 5x5.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:41 AM

look at what I have and what I dynoed at. It can be done. If I fireringed my head, I would be able to run more than 57psi of boost. I pegged my 60psi gauge once and pulled out the spacer on the wastegate. Now I can only hit 57 and that is good enough with just studs.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ridofpwrstroke
look at what I have and what I dynoed at. It can be done. If I fireringed my head, I would be able to run more than 57psi of boost. I pegged my 60psi gauge once and pulled out the spacer on the wastegate. Now I can only hit 57 and that is good enough with just studs.

Do you have a Comp, Redline, or TST in there somewhere. Surely Mach 4s and twins aren't getting you to 500+ HP.

Edit: I looked through your other posts. Now I know what's there.
Just not in the Sig.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:54 PM

I looked today and noticed it wasnt there. Dont know how I forgot it. I have the drag comp. I am not trying to be hush hush either. I just plain forgot. I have so many upgrades on my truck, that I could bore the hell out of you.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 95ram
I'm trying some BD 90 HP EDM nozzles. If I dont like them I'll take um out and go with something differant. I was going to go bigger, but with driving 150+ miles a day I'm shoothing for best MPG right now.
I'm seeing my best mpg ever with Don M Mach 4s
Old 09-20-2005, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can also get the II HRVP44, at the same price, from Ken Jones, Diesel Performance of Utah. Ken is a great guy to deal with. His number is 801-791-2328.

II told me they warrant the HRVP44 for one year, if the wire isn't tapped. If the wire is tapped, the electronics aren't covered, but the rest probably is (they were fuzzy about this point). I saw quite a few VP44s in their shop which supposedly had the electronics fried by adding a box. The failures appear to be caused by electrical noise in the line, by a loose connection, or what ever. By the way, their software can tell if a fueling box has been attached, even if a Blue Chip cover is installed, so save your money on that one.

You don't need twins to get to 500 hp on the ETH. A HTB2 or II's Phat Shaft 62 will do the job easily with great drivability and no turbo lag, at less than half the cost.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:09 PM

I had a big single driving from alaska to wis to pick up the shop. The lag is not horrible, but definately worse than the stock hx. Pulling anything would just heat the egt's up. I dynoed the truck with the big single at Mike in ND and it dynoed at 438 hp. With the twins it dynoed at 508. Looks like they helped me out quite a bit. Plus they work just as good as the hx as far as turbo lag. I think it is worth every penny for twins for towing. Just depends on what your purpose for your truck is. My truck is mainly for towing, and towing it can.
My MPG on the trip down was about 20. Coming up grossing 43000 lbs, I got 8. Not to bad going through many mountains.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:22 PM

Coming up grossing 43000 lbs, I got 8. Not to bad going through many mountains.
Yeah especially for an FL70. I *know* you weren't grossing that much with a Dodge pickup, right?
Old 09-20-2005, 03:25 PM

Hell no, I would never gross that much with a 3/4 ton. Just dont look at my pics.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a big single driving from alaska to wis to pick up the shop. The lag is not horrible, but definately worse than the stock hx. Pulling anything would just heat the egt's up. I dynoed the truck with the big single at Mike in ND and it dynoed at 438 hp. With the twins it dynoed at 508. Looks like they helped me out quite a bit. Plus they work just as good as the hx as far as turbo lag. I think it is worth every penny for twins for towing. Just depends on what your purpose for your truck is. My truck is mainly for towing, and towing it can.
My MPG on the trip down was about 20. Coming up grossing 43000 lbs, I got 8. Not to bad going through many mountains.
I remeber reading about your trip but can't remember which trubo you were using.

The HTB2 spools up just as good as a HX35, but cools much, much better. At the May Maddness dynos this year, a Phat Shaft 66 on a 3rd gen put out more power than every single set of twins on a 3rd gen, including Piers own.

Can't argue about the cooling power of twins, though.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:58 PM

I dont remember what it was for a turbo. I know it was some sort of quick spool. Twins gave me 70 hp.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by CTD_Neil
Spicy, What are those injectors rated at?
They are 190, I had Hasiley custom make them. Budda power 8 x 11 are 220, but I tow, so there is a bit of a trick with the bigger injectors. With the box off manners are very respectable, not alot of smoke, but it is there. Here is a link to a pic of my truck on the dyno last year at Daves shop.

Dyno at Daves

Quick Reply: H.O.'s over 400 HP, post combos please