Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

The great debate...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bull $#!^ 30 MPG. Did you swap out your cummins motor and put it in a little jeep or something? 6000 pound trucks do not get 30 MPG at 75mph. Read my sig, I am a MPG junkie and there is no way to get that kind of mileage; I don't care how much methanol and propane you mix in there.... No offense, those numbers just caught me off gaurd.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:20 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Well it might be that those mpg come from the overhead display. It's fun to watch the display with Mach3s and a DragComp module- friend has this combo and he regularly sees the most absurd mileage. Too bad it doesn't work out like that at the fuel pump...

AlpineRAM
Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackdiesel
150 hp injectors wont get 600 hp on fuel only
Actually I agree. And it's 632 hp Big Blue... not 623!
I don't think I could get 600 without the H2O/Meth. But it would be close.
I stay with Mach 4's because I don't like the smoke (with an automatic) in our 6 month long, hot summers. Does not impress most of my customers! I would want an H2 cam before I moved up to 6's.

But since 'Internzik' doesn't care about the smoke , the Mach 6's would add 50 more hp and get there in style.

RJ
Old 02-01-2007, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya thats what the overhead says, if it is wrong its pretty consistently wrong. I haven't tried to figure out actual mileage of what i'm getting. As for a mpg junkie all I see that you have done besides the exhaust is the edge comp and with the stock tires your getting 24mpg and the edge comp doesn't boast that much about the mileage increase of the chip. So what is so hard to understand about a cummins getting 30 mpg your telling me that no diesel on this site with no combination gets over 30 mpg at 75mph? The module I have claims 15% increased fuel economy and along with that my tranny definitely helped on the gas mileage I don't think i'm very far off that 30mpg mark, but im not claiming that im getting 30 I was getting that for the overhead display and understand that this is not accurate but I find it hard to believe that no one is getting 30mpg out of there cummins. Doesn't twins give you great milage that is what I have heard anyways
Old 02-01-2007, 09:39 AM

I do like the smoke thanks for the input guys so for the stack its looking like Smarty/TST. Does anyone know what options we have for a triple stack?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Intrenzik
ya thats what the overhead says, if it is wrong its pretty consistently wrong. I haven't tried to figure out actual mileage of what i'm getting. As for a mpg junkie all I see that you have done besides the exhaust is the edge comp and with the stock tires your getting 24mpg and the edge comp doesn't boast that much about the mileage increase of the chip. So what is so hard to understand about a cummins getting 30 mpg your telling me that no diesel on this site with no combination gets over 30 mpg at 75mph? The module I have claims 15% increased fuel economy and along with that my tranny definitely helped on the gas mileage I don't think i'm very far off that 30mpg mark, but im not claiming that im getting 30 I was getting that for the overhead display and understand that this is not accurate but I find it hard to believe that no one is getting 30mpg out of there cummins. Doesn't twins give you great milage that is what I have heard anyways
30mpg @75mph would be amazing for that hunk of steel you try to push through the athmosphere.
The overhead display calculates only engine load% * engine speed / vehicle speed to get the mileage. If you do fool any part like all the modules do ( adding fuel per revolution over stock) or use bigger injectors (that will let more fuel flow through) the 'puter won't know this and will give you those crazy results. The only way is to hand calculate the mileage (miles travelled/gallons at the refill) after checking the odometer for accuracy.

AlpineRAM
Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 AM

ok 30 might a little high, i'll figure it out on the next tank