Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Great deal on 4 inch exhaust - Warpspeed

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't Flowmaster use a 3.5 down pipe? I'm 99.9% sure the drone issue was resolved by the muffler design rather than the material. I think that people's perception or sensitivity to drone varies quite a bit and I can respect that... I'd expect some drone from any straight through diesel exhaust and 1,800-1,900 would be about 3,000 less RPM points than my truck drones at now with a straight pipe .
Old 06-24-2005, 05:05 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't see S.S helping any drone issues, but I have no person experience with it either. I have the line of thinking that SS is overkill for exhaust systems, the aluminized systems have always served me well on past applications. I had a 3" custom bent dual system Flowmaster muffeled (dual chamber) on a chevy gasser I once owned.
6 years after I had the system insalled I see the guy at a gas station with the same exhaust. For the price, 6 + years in a Middle atlantic enviroment seems good.

EDIT: After looking closer at the EBay ad, this guy has 100% feed back after over 2,000 (two thousand) transactions!!!!
That is a SUPER CLEAN record, most honset sellers run into a freak or otherwise unsatisfiable customer after about 500 sales....
Old 06-24-2005, 09:47 PM

Warpspeed

I bought a Warpspeed system from them off e-bay over a year ago, and have been very happy with it. The shipping was very fast and reasonable, it only took about an hour for the install, everything fit great, sounds great etc. I also live in AZ. -- on the only road in the state that they grade with a post hole digger!! The system has held up fine, so no complaints here...
Old 06-25-2005, 01:22 AM

How about a good deal on a 5" system?
Old 06-25-2005, 07:33 PM

So the jury's in on the install and drone. Fit was quite nice... Perfect spacing on the tight frame to bellhousing area and it fit up fine to all of the stock hangers. There's NO drone that I can detect... I paid close attention to the 1800-1900 range mentioned earlier... I lugged it, cruised, and did a couple of freeway throttle roll ons with the windows up AND down... Nuthin'. I've got a QC long bed... I GUESS it's POSSIBLE you could get it in a short bed due to the proximity of the muffler, but I personally doubt it because the shorter bed doesn't have any effect over the magnetic resonance properties of the Dodge cab... It's going to drone at a given frequency regardless. Anyway, I still recomend it.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:22 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've bought 2 systems from Dallas (Warpspeed owner) and have no complaints. He's easy to work with and his prices aren't too bad either. His main business is in the rice burner exhaust area and the stuff he builds for them is real quality. If you get up in the northwest Arkansas area, it'll be worth stopping in and bs'ing with him.