Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gray Wire=Fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh gotcha, thanks!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
He's still got that HX sitting around. I might try swapping it this weekend. I heard we have a cool front coming in and my buddy with a mildly modified V6 camaro is coming up. I wonder if he'll play with me.
He's supposed to be getting that HX to me one day...I swapped him the Super B for the HX and some cash...just haven't had a chance to meet up with Hunter...I will have a used B-1 on the garage floor hopefully by the first of the year when I get my twins in...
Old 10-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

So your the one he's giving the HX to. I've been wondering who it was on here. I'm gonna put it on probably sunday and test it and see how it does just so I can kinda get a feel for what I'm gonna need to get. I'll make sure to give it back. I promise.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
I'll make sure to give it back. I promise.
He'll even tape the box up real well so none of the pieces fall out...not even the small ones.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
the grey wire is on the Edge Comp box, without the wire tapped into the pump, the box is good for about 65-70 hp...with is tapped you can adjust the box from 40-120 hp and also set the fuel ramp in.

Big blue had his without the wire for awhile, then after modding his tranny, he tapped the wire and its now much much more fun!
So how do you adjust?

Is the grey wire from the edge box or is there a grey wire in the pump harness? I just bought a 99 2500 4x4 auto with the Edge box and I dont know if it is taped or not. How could I see if it is tapped? I do have good power but I cannot tell the difference.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Itsmejoe231
So how do you adjust?

Is the grey wire from the edge box or is there a grey wire in the pump harness? I just bought a 99 2500 4x4 auto with the Edge box and I dont know if it is taped or not. How could I see if it is tapped? I do have good power but I cannot tell the difference.

The grey wire from the edge box taps onto a wire going into the injector pump. You should be able to see the wire if you look under your intake horn and throttle linkage. Either that or just follow all of your wires coming out of the box and see if you have a little lonely grey wire all by itself waiting for some fun

~Nick
Old 10-25-2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
The grey wire from the edge box taps onto a wire going into the injector pump. You should be able to see the wire if you look under your intake horn and throttle linkage. Either that or just follow all of your wires coming out of the box and see if you have a little lonely grey wire all by itself waiting for some fun

~Nick
If I had a little grey wire looking for a fun time which color wire do I hook it up with?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:40 PM

If I had a little grey wire looking for a fun time which color wire do I hook it up with?

There both black, there are two wires on the pump in a sheath, pull back the sheath and tap the wire closest to the block.
Get in turn key put it in gear mash skinny peddle and just try not to giggle I dare ya
Old 10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Been drizzling all day long here.
Wet Roads + Dually + Cummins + Edge Comp on 5X3 = breaking the tires loose with minimal throttle input while rolling at 50 mph.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

I fell off the warranty wagon last week and put on the pump cover that taps the grey wire. I have been having a ball of fun since then, i can't wait to add some inj.

Steve
Old 10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Been drizzling all day long here.
Wet Roads + Dually + Cummins + Edge Comp on 5X3 = breaking the tires loose with minimal throttle input while rolling at 50 mph.

i know ill get flamed for being an irresponsible driver...but on an empty road with no other cars around tongiht in the rain i had the box on 5x5 and found out that a 7600 lb. diesel powered pick-up will in fact get sideways and keep the tires spinning at 70, 80, and even 90 miles per hour...its bad when you are doing well over the speed limit and you hit the throttle and still have to be careful not to get too sideways
Old 10-25-2005, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by zukgod1
There both black, there are two wires on the pump in a sheath, pull back the sheath and tap the wire closest to the block.
Get in turn key put it in gear mash skinny peddle and just try not to giggle I dare ya
My edge box must not have that option. I looked for a lonely grey wire and nothing. I looked for a tapped wire off the pump wiring and nothing. My edge box has a braided harness that splits in two different directions. A set of 2 wires to the front of the motor (blue and dark blue) and plugs into something. The other goes to the back and plugs into a sensor?? on the block and into another plug with wires. Am I missing something?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My edge box has a braided harness that splits in two different directions. A set of 2 wires to the front of the motor (blue and dark blue) and plugs into something. The other goes to the back and plugs into a sensor?? on the block and into another plug with wires. Am I missing something?
You have an EZ, it is the baby brother of the Comp, just does Timing and Boost Fooling, no pump connection.

Your box mounts in the engine compartment, correct?

The Comp has really long wires and it mounts inside the truck, and the settings are changeable on the fly.

phox
Old 10-25-2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by phox_mulder
You have an EZ, it is the baby brother of the Comp, just does Timing and Boost Fooling, no pump connection.

Your box mounts in the engine compartment, correct?

The Comp has really long wires and it mounts inside the truck, and the settings are changeable on the fly.

phox
OK. I'm still learning I will have to look into the comp....
Old 10-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The EZ will give you around an ~65 HP and ~180 TQ gain.

The Comp is adjustable from a 40 to a 120 HP gain and ~400 TQ at full boogie (level 5 X 5).

(The Comp will require upgrades to the fuel system and the Auto Transmission, the EZ is a nice kick in the pants, and is much easier on the stock systems)

Quick Reply: Gray Wire=Fun