Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gray Wire=Fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Blue...if your talking Redline...I'll be there!

billygoat02 - here is the e-mail I received...
----------------------
ODRA Race Night and SM Diesel Big Dawg Dyno, October 15th Redline Raceway in Caddo Mills, TX:

SM Diesel Big Dawg Dyno will be at Redline Raceway Saturday, October 15th
We will have a Mobile Dyno at the Track for "Diesel Only Dyno Runs" from 6:00pm to Midnight!! For Details Contact Wes: 903-355-4475
Dyno, Heads Up, Grudge Matches and Quick Draw ET Races All Night!!
Come out, Hang out, We look forward to Seeing All of You Soon..
------------------------------------------
EDIT at 2:40 pm - It's East of Dallas...on north side of I-30...just east of Royce City....Right on the Access Road!
Gates open at 5PM

RJ
Old 10-03-2005, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Great thanks for the information I'm gonna try to make it.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjohnson
Big Blue...if your talking Redline...I'll be there!

billygoat02 - here is the e-mail I received...
----------------------
ODRA Race Night and SM Diesel Big Dawg Dyno, October 15th Redline Raceway in Caddo Mills, TX:

SM Diesel Big Dawg Dyno will be at Redline Raceway Saturday, October 15th
We will have a Mobile Dyno at the Track for "Diesel Only Dyno Runs" from 6:00pm to Midnight!! For Details Contact Wes: 903-355-4475
Dyno, Heads Up, Grudge Matches and Quick Draw ET Races All Night!!
Come out, Hang out, We look forward to Seeing All of You Soon..
------------------------------------------
EDIT at 2:40 pm - It's East of Dallas...on north side of I-30...just east of Royce City!.
Gates open at 5PM

RJ
The meet you just posted is the one I'm going to. I gotta get these EGT's under control. I played with the wastegate and on 2x2 I hit 24 psi and on 5X5 I hit 30 psi. Problem now though is that the EGT's climb even faster than they did at 42 psi for both settings. Good thing is she still pulls like a recently violated ape.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:35 PM

Ok Tyler, I will be watching your kills count in your sig. Hope to see those totals start climbing
Old 10-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Banned

As soon as I can find somebody to play with. I don't know what keeps scaring them off. I don't know if it's the scream of my little turbo on the verge of destruction or the cloud of smoke I let out.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:26 PM

Let go bud!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Just what I needed...more peer pressure to get the Comp off my back seat and get it installed.

Hmmm, this could be a good activity for next weekend before the dyno at Redline.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by dig'umz
I think Cody's calling you out.
I don't know what you guys are scared off.. Just a little Ol 1st gen...

On the 15th.. I'll be tractor pulling... (maybe the new tractor.. block is supposed to be ready this week.... I've heard that one a few times before... )

If anyone want to pull their truck.. they are having a practice pull Friday night in Valley Mills... $5 to hook... They will pull the trucks Saturday night after the tractors... ($20 hook) There is usually a hand full of Fords that pull...

BB.. you and Hunter should have done some swapping on the turbos before he went to the Super B... and gotten rid of the little Hy..

Bryan
Old 10-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

He's still got that HX sitting around. I might try swapping it this weekend. I heard we have a cool front coming in and my buddy with a mildly modified V6 camaro is coming up. I wonder if he'll play with me.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Banned

big blue is right...grey wire = lotsa fun and smoke
Old 10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Banned

Ain't it great. Haha. I was reminded of how much fun it was when some poor toyota tacoma tried to pick on me. Haha.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:51 AM

There you go BigBlue... Attach the picture somewhere in you cab to warning the driver(s) & passengers of the beast!

Enjoy the wire tap!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:43 AM

hey guys, hate to interrupt the party and all but what is this little grey wire yall are talking about? What does it do, and how do you make the mod? My buddy has a 98.5 dodge with the 24 valve and is stock except for exhaust and intake, can he do this mod and get more fuel? Thanks..
Old 10-07-2005, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by countrycoach
hey guys, hate to interrupt the party and all but what is this little grey wire yall are talking about? What does it do, and how do you make the mod? My buddy has a 98.5 dodge with the 24 valve and is stock except for exhaust and intake, can he do this mod and get more fuel? Thanks..
The mod they are talking about is the 2nd stage of an edge comp box. The first stage just plugs in and nets about 60 hp and 150 lb ft. The 2nd stage requires you to pierce the grey injector pump wire to increase the fueling.
For example, if you look at my sig, you will see that I have and edge comp but my grey pump wire is untapped, therefore I am running it in the first stage.
Clear as mud?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by countrycoach

the grey wire is on the Edge Comp box, without the wire tapped into the pump, the box is good for about 65-70 hp...with is tapped you can adjust the box from 40-120 hp and also set the fuel ramp in.

Big blue had his without the wire for awhile, then after modding his tranny, he tapped the wire and its now much much more fun!

Quick Reply: Gray Wire=Fun