Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Got pulled over last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you make of this?

Question 25.
Can I drastically change the pipe configuration on a vehicle, as long as it is
behind the OE converter configuration (side pipes or stacks on pickups, for example)?

Answer 25.
The answer to Question 15 applies here as well. Ohio EPA is currently not
pursuing enforcement actions on potential violations that are downstream of the last converter in
the system and downstream from where the exhaust system comes together as a single system.
The same concerns about the potential problems with warranty coverage, emissions, and
performance mentioned above apply here as well. You may want to check with other state
agencies such as public safety to see if this type of work would violate other state laws.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deezul
If you're goin to try to impress all the 14 year old girls at the mall by jackassing around then be prepared to take the consequences...
True, but the time of infraction was at 9:35 pm. No business open, darker area. As for the 14 year old girls? Where did that come into play?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by MasseyMan1089
True, but the time of infraction was at 9:35 pm. No business open, darker area.

So you were driving around an empty parking lot, in the dark,alone blowing black smoke???

something doesn't add up...
Old 10-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Mr.masseyman 1089

All I Was Saying Was Maybe He Would Let You Slide Just This Time. Yeah Right. Some Officers Are Harder Than Others.just Like Some Watching Truck Pulls. The Ones That Are Into The Pulls Don't Seem To Mind As Much,but The Others Don't Really Know What Kind Of Rush It Really Gives You.

We Already Know This.
We Have Twins,o-ringed Head We Are Not Anywhere Being Close To Stock. And That's How We Like It!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 PM

Maybe I will go take some pictures of the area to clarify this whole thing. "Peddlers Mall" is in an old Wal-Mart, which has an old Wal-Mart parking lot, with a few other things, Dollar General, Laundramat, and a Mexican-food store. McDonalds, is in front of all of this, where I was at. There is construction work being done on the bypass, which you must go on to get to McDonalds, or you can cut through next to Arbys, which then leads to "Peddler's Mall" parking lot. Going through the "Peddler's Mall" parking lot, with 3 friends, me the only with a stack, rev our engines, nothing new, just because thats what we do. No one around, no one listening, just the 3 of us, and 2 police officers, as I later learned. While eating my meal at McDonalds, 2 policemen went by with their lights on and went past. Upon completing our meals, we got back into our trucks, cut through the parking lot, exactly as we came, and saw the 2 polices cars sitting between Arbys and the "Peddler's Mall" Having courtesy, I swung around so I would not go past them, and we began to head for the bypass. The cop then pulled up behind me, and that is where he wrote me the citation. There were no innocent bystandards, cars, anything there, just the 3 of us cutting through. I hope this clarifys the whole situation for you dezul.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Masseyman

Sorry To Hear You Definately Got The Wrong End Of The Deal That Was Ridiculous. I Wander If Your State Has To Have A Quota Each Day. Around Here They Do.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Maybe this helps:

Old 10-04-2005, 04:08 PM

Masseyman

YOUR DRAWING IS LOOKING PRETTY HARD
I DO HAVE TO SAY GOOD ONE
Old 10-04-2005, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MasseyMan1089
Maybe this helps:

Thanks Massey, I havent laughed that hard in a while...
Old 10-04-2005, 04:14 PM

haha thanks, I found it pretty entertaining myself. I had to do it though. But honesly, do you see where the cops were and the whole thing?
Old 10-04-2005, 04:34 PM

Angry

Pretty Bad Just Sitting Around And Wanting To Make Peoples Lives Crap
Old 10-05-2005, 04:36 PM

you wanna sell your 5 inch exhaust?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 PM

According to your picture, you were blowing more smoke than your friends (if the drawing is to scale). The moral is you should always make sure if you are with a group that one of the group members is blowing more smoke then you, that way they will get the ticket.

~Rob
Old 10-05-2005, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by hotdram
According to your picture, you were blowing more smoke than your friends (if the drawing is to scale). The moral is you should always make sure if you are with a group that one of the group members is blowing more smoke then you, that way they will get the ticket.

~Rob
Thats great!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:16 PM

I had 5" exhaust with the stacks, straight-piped. I got pulled over within 2 weeks of doing that.. I got nailed for a combination of "lack of traction" and "loud exhaust"

I got a verbal warning. 2 weeks later I got nailed again.. this time they specifically followed me all through town, and I took it really easy. Still got nailed with a $150 loud exhaust ticket.

Didn't make me very happy overall.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over last night