Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Got pulled over last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see how stacks can be illegal. The cops must be pulling over every semi that passes by. In our town we have a " Noise Ordinance" for all the loud exaust. They mainly pull over punk kids with their ricers and leave the truck guys alone.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Banned

gerry:

First of all I agree , most arrest do come from traffic stops. but here in TX in the area I live in the arrest good citizens for ridiculous laws. Like carrying a machete under the seat of an old farm truck (with farm tags), pulling over a new 05' dodge 4 door with farm tags @ 6:30 in the morning going fishing for being a "suspicous vehicle", no seat belt, the list goes on and on I have hundreds of them. Not all were arrested but all they're doing is looking to charge you with anything at all to take away you time, money, and freedom. I've been arrested twice for UCW (handguns), once because we were plinking and the other when i was leaving the state for work. Yes, they tried to impound my truck even though my girlfriend lived down the street and she went to get her dad and all they had to do was release the truck to him but wouldn't just because "they can". Cost me $140 just for the tow truck driver to show up and wait there til they finished the search. I was carrying a large amount of cash when i was leaving town and still got thrown in jail. I don't really have a residence I work out of state 75% of the year. Half of that without my truck. But no matter what you try to tell officers they don't care all they're doing is making the arrest to make the numbers. I have no record (used to) other than minor traffic violations. They know this but still proceed with the arrest. I am always respectful, I'm clean cut, and always cooperate.

Second of all I don't need anyone's help if they break into my house. I can protect myself and my property. I'm sure over half of robberies don't get solved anyway.

Third, I never said it was ok to rob a bank. This thread has nothing to do with stealing. It has to do with harassment and exhaust laws. And I am man enough to stand up and take my punishment. Like I said it's gonna cost me. But now I'm so scared to carry any type of protection with me when I leave town. One of these days I'm going to need that protection, won't have it, and will be just another statistic. I was leaving town last month heading to Alabama/Louisiana/Mississippi for work. I adjust claims for a living and we never know where those claims will be located. I don't even have to go into what was going on in Louisiana. Half of the cops didn't even show up for work or turned in their badge. I don't see ya'll going down to these areas without a gun or type of protection. My remarks have nothing to do with Fire Fighters. They do make our lives safer and are very brave for doing the job they do.

My attitude reflects my experience with police officers and so does the attitude of a lot of good citizens I know.
I lost a lot of faith in our justice department the last 8 months and probably will never regain that faith.

Sorry Larry to get off the topic of the thread.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 4" flowmaster on my truck, it is a bit loud, but not offensive. I took the muffler out and straight piped it-anyway you cut it the truck was VERY LOUD, to the point of abnoxious. I was concerned about being hassled by the PD in town (rightfully so) and while under full power-way to loud. I put the muffler back in-and am happy I did.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:24 PM

New 06 CTDs...

Went to a rodeo in AZ this weekend and as Dodge is a big sponsor of the NFR, rodeos often use a CTD to put out the barrels for the barrel racing. They had a brand new 3500 CTD out there to drop barrels. I was less than 40 feet away from one of the barrels, and if I hadn't been sitting so close, I wouldn't have believed it... With my eyes closed, I couldn't tell it was a turbo diesel... It was THAT quiet an engine/exhaust setup... What is this world coming to?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:46 PM

Location: Lingleville TX but active duty Air Force all over the world currently
Originally Posted by gerry
thanks for the nice comments about police officers

"I can't believe <edit> have to spend their time harassing good citizens when i'm sure there's plenty of meth labs and crack dealers that need to arrested and put under the jail. "

Believe it or not most arrests come from traffic stops.. Guns, Drugs and numerous other things are found during trafic stops. 1 out of 20 drivers probably don't have drivers licenses, are drunk or have warrants for their arrests.

KIPO, Just remember those comments when someone is breaking into your house or you need help... With an attitude like that I am suprised that they didn't impound your truck.

I guess next you will say it is ok to rob a bank... The laws are there, if you don't like them break them just be man enough to stand up and take the punishment (ticket) rather than cry about it.

Guess I just wat to say Thanks to all the Police and Fire Fighters here that make our lives safer and that all of us don't have the same feelings as KIPO.

Guess thats why you drive an 05 and not an older 12V or 24V that actually sounded like a truck and not a grocery getter.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

To Got Pulled Over Lastnight

IN MY OPINION I THINK BEFORE YOU START POURING THE BLACK SMOKE OUT AND CAUSING ALL THE ATTENTION YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DONUT SHOP AND GET A DOZEN GLAZED DONUTS AND OFFER A FEW TO THE OFFICER.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off, I wasn trying to "pour out the black some to make a big show." Second, Gerry, we arent talking about us not wanting cops to do their jobs. I am saying that no matter where you are, there are some things that you just let slide, and that happens to be one. It would be one thing if I was in a residential area, or in heavy traffic, but I wasn't.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 PM

Location: Lingleville TX but active duty Air Force all over the world currently
Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
IN MY OPINION I THINK BEFORE YOU START POURING THE BLACK SMOKE OUT AND CAUSING ALL THE ATTENTION YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DONUT SHOP AND GET A DOZEN GLAZED DONUTS AND OFFER A FEW TO THE OFFICER.
"Yes Officer, They are fresh!" LOL
Old 10-03-2005, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by oestreich84
My warning said " faulty exhaust system" I told him that it was only a couple months old and that it isnt even that loud (compared to stacks) Then he looked under my truck and told me that he would have to issue me a citation for removing the kitty. When I told him that my truck didnt come with one he laughed for a minute and said "really" We ended up talking for about 15 minutes and that is why I only got a warning. Did I forget to mention that I left about a hundred yards of black mark ( I really need a anti spin diff) I will post the video that my friend got asap. Its pretty funny.
Looks like the Cop wasnt such a bad guy after all. He could have gotten you for way more than a fixit ticket. Like I said in another post.......
"I say put it back on and dont horse it to much in town. I know its hard not to do Maybe the cop had a bad day and you just happened to be in his crosshairs, put it back on and be carefull who you let hear it.

Dusty
Old 10-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by gerry
thanks for the nice comments about police officers

"I can't believe <edit> have to spend their time harassing good citizens when i'm sure there's plenty of meth labs and crack dealers that need to arrested and put under the jail. "

Believe it or not most arrests come from traffic stops.. Guns, Drugs and numerous other things are found during trafic stops. 1 out of 20 drivers probably don't have drivers licenses, are drunk or have warrants for their arrests.

KIPO, Just remember those comments when someone is breaking into your house or you need help... With an attitude like that I am suprised that they didn't impound your truck.

I guess next you will say it is ok to rob a bank... The laws are there, if you don't like them break them just be man enough to stand up and take the punishment (ticket) rather than cry about it.

Guess I just wat to say Thanks to all the Police and Fire Fighters here that make our lives safer and that all of us don't have the same feelings as KIPO.
I agree with you in some respects. We need to support the laws we have in place, or get rid of them (through due process). However, I think that most cops are Barney wanna-be types who think they are John Wayne Junior. They are too scared to chase a real criminal and want to harrass someone who is a little less likely to harm them and make some money for the local city council. My truck is going to be straight piped next week, California be damned.....
Old 10-03-2005, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, at least I will have been able to drive my truck for awhile.

With the attitude of a good bunch on here, with the smoking and all, it won't be long before I'll have to neuter it to avoid getting tickets.

That's why my other trucks isn't used on the street anymore...too many jerks not following the laws in the past, and suddenly, a lifted 4x4 is no longer allowed. It's deemed not safe anymore, even tho it has less body roll and much better brakes than it did when I got it totally stock, and still corners and stops as good if not better than the new ones.

It only takes a few bad apples to screw up the whole bunch.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:22 AM

In the trucking industry a turbo is a type of muffler believe it or not. In the State of Colorado you are only required to have a muffler if you have Jake brakes. So that leaves me not needing a muffler However I installed an walker dynomax straight through type on my 4" system, sounds good and isnt to obnoxious.
By the way, these guys you call officer friendly, My friend calls them "Johny funspoiler"!!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a silly ?... where is this silencer ring i hear so much about????something tells me i reall want to take mine out!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by MasseyMan1089
First off, I wasn trying to "pour out the black some to make a big show." .
Oh Really?

I am saying that no matter where you are, there are some things that you just let slide, and that happens to be one. It would be one thing if I was in a residential area, or in heavy traffic, but I wasn't.
Yes, there is a time and place for pretty much everything...

I got a Uniform Citation tonight for the same thing. This is what it said:

1.) Disorderly Conduct:

"Subject was observed traveling in Peddler's Mall parking lot with a very loud exhaust. Subject kept pumping the gas making the exhaust extremly loud and blowing large puffs or black smoke..."
The mall parking lot probably has just as many if not more people for you to turn into "Innocent bystanders" than a neighborhood or highway.

If you're goin to try to impress all the 14 year old girls at the mall by jackassing around then be prepared to take the consequences...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tughillnut
I got a silly ?... where is this silencer ring i hear so much about????something tells me i reall want to take mine out!!!!!
Its in the front of your turbo in front of the compressor wheel. Take your air intake hose off your turbo and you will see it right away. It has a snap ring that comes out with the ring. Sounds cool, I would try it if I were you!!

Back to the exhaust topic:

I've had my 4" exhaust straight piped on my truck for awhile now and I've never had any problems with the "fun police"!! I just try to be as respectful as possible when driving through neighbor hoods and just idle down the streets to keep everybody happy. I actually live in a town where the police will pull you over for freakin sneezing and so far they haven't bothered me............knock on wood!!

Quick Reply: Got pulled over last night