Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Got my Goerend Triple TC !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tranny allows me to break the duals loose right away
Old 07-05-2005, 12:51 AM

Well dagon, Dusty... what are you doing posting on here? Get that little mama in! I guarantee you're going to be all You made the right choice. If it's any help, with the stock tranny I could burn the tires into second, with Dave's I could get them going well into third. Just try not to rush the install like I did (because of all the excitement!) I accidentally bent one of the tranny lines, and on MnTom's tranny I twisted a fitting off(it had to come out anyway, but it still scared the crap out of me) Take your time and happy burning!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:13 PM

Matt: Thanks for the encouragement. I do need to get er done. Looks like next week is the only chance right now. But at least its in the garage so I can look at it and dream. I thought about bringing it the house but that is a little over the top. Besides it weighs almost 70 pounds, don’t want to stub my toe on it in the middle of the night. The wife doesn’t complain about my truck stuff so I better not give her any unnecessary excuses.

Dusty
Old 07-05-2005, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by DustyRock
I can see it now the duals break free and then so does my input or output shaft.

Bmoeller:
Yep its been a long time coming, cant hardly wait to try her out. Most anything will be better than the TC in the truck now.
BTW, I updated my profile. Will it break em loose now?
At the moment, I still have the stock gov. springs and timing. Plate is full forward. The 191Dv are waiting for a socket, and 3k GSK is on the list.

On wet pavement, they'll break loose at will. Just not on dry. I can break them a little on dry pavement, but that is it. No smoke show. I think part of the problem is the plate. The ramp on the bottom is holding the fuel back. That, and I won't go over a 5# launch. Didn't have billet shafts put in. Don't want to break the input shaft. If I launched with more boost, I think it could be done.

**Just noticed you have 3.55 gears. That may give you an edge over me. I have 4.10s.

We're getting closer though.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:44 PM

I have done a couple of 15# launches, that was before I found out that was a BOZO no no without billet input/output shafts. Probably got away with it cause the TC is soooooooo loooooooose.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:56 PM

Well got the TC installed last Thursday the 21st. All I can say is WOW!!! So thats what the truck is supposed to run like. Finally I can put the power to the ground. No more SHUDDDDER. And I can actually feel the trans shift, not too harshly but firmly. It seems like my mileage will be improving as well. No more having to run the engine to 2400 rpm to see some forward momentum. The truck has so much more power now. I dont even need the TC to lock up. One of the local steep roadways that I was lucky to get going 30 mph from a dead stop, I now have to back out of it. I have the power!! Dave did a good job with this TC. Can recommend it to all.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:07 PM

Congrats man! I just sent Dave an Email today regarding a Single disk for my truck! I hope he emails me back though.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:13 PM

Super D:
Thanks.
He will contact you. It may not be Monday but he will contact you. If not E-mail him again as the first one might have gotten lost or deleted accidentally, or give him a call. You will be all after you get a real TC in your hot-rod.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:19 PM

Excellent!!!!! I'm pumped and cant wait to get one. Im just shooting for around 400hp so I think I can get away with one of his Single disk converters. It should complement my shift kit and 20k mile old rebuilt tranny. I think a Comp box and some mach 1s would be perfect, I might be able to get by with some 1.5s. I just can't wait!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:38 PM

Dusty, Glad you finally got it in. I am still amazed at the low end grunt that is available with these things. Have fun and enjoy!! The only thing I had to do was back off the starwheel 'cause I could and did smoke out an intersection with a load on.
Tom
Old 07-25-2005, 07:09 PM

MnTom:
Thanks !
No regrets yet. I havent pulled with the new TC yet but know it will work well. Did you have the star wheel adjusted for your old TC, then had to set it up again for the new one ? I havent put the #10 plate in yet. Dont really need it with the 370s they provide plenty of go.

Dusty