Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Got my Goerend Triple TC !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Goerend Triple TC !!!

After way too much research and procrastination, I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered a Goerend Bros. Triple Disk TC. All I can say is if customer service and attitude have anything to do with a good torque converter, then this one will be great. Dave is one heck of a
great guy to do business with. Believe me when I say he goes above and beyond what I would have ever expected in customer relations. Dave really must love his job and it shows in the quality workmanship and the way he treats his customers. (No I am not a salesman) Just a work a day guy that knows what working for a living means.
I Heard UPS coming down the road tonight and I was out there waiting for him. He didn't even have to get off the truck LOL !
WOW I feel like a kid getting that long awaited present, you know the one where the parents say maybe next year you'll get it?
Here are the pics. Sorry for the loooooong post but I am stoked right now. Can’t wait to try out the new TC. Let the smoke roll!! Hoping the new TC will break the tires loose on a 3500 Dually. I think I have the power just need to transfer it to the tires. Then comes the #10 Fuel plate the old TC would have died on with my other mods.

Dusty
Old 07-02-2005, 10:45 PM

Cool looks tough
Old 07-02-2005, 11:32 PM

i would have gotten one from Suncoast..they are the wizards
Old 07-03-2005, 02:43 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Did you do some other things for your tranny too?
My opinion is that with a TC instead of the excuse for one DC has in it stock the rest of the tranny will show it's limits.(Unless it gets some help)

AlpineRAM
Old 07-03-2005, 03:17 AM
Banned

that's a serious lookin' piece right there!
Old 07-03-2005, 04:20 AM

Originally posted by 94HO600
Well then knock yourself out.....
Old 07-03-2005, 09:54 AM

maybe he shouldve gotten a suncoast,but,when,not if,but when other stuff starts letting go in the tranny,another new con from dave is just a phonecall away,for free...thats when youll be sending suncoast another 200 bucks to break yours open and clean it all out,and ship it back to you,,,,,and initial cost wasnt any more for the goerends...................bama
Old 07-03-2005, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by 94HO600
No Comment..............
Old 07-03-2005, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by AlpineRAM
Did you do some other things for your tranny too?
My opinion is that with a TC instead of the excuse for one DC has in it stock the rest of the tranny will show it's limits.(Unless it gets some help)

AlpineRAM
AlipneRAM:
The trans in the truck now is supposed to be a rebuilt. With what parts I really don’t know. The previous owner was unable to give me any details about it. I do know the Valve body has been modified with a Trans-Go TFOD kit. The trans shifts well but the TC that was put in it was junk. It was fine until I started the engine mods then progressively went south on me. The fluid coupling got worse and now its pretty much like a propeller in water. It also started shuddering when the TC would lockup, pretty much right after I put in the 370s. In talking to Dave he suggested going with the TC then if something happens to the trans we will address that. Who knows maybe a complete Goerend Trans is in my future. But for now I believe the TC will cure the current issues.

Dusty
Old 07-03-2005, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by bama
maybe he shouldve gotten a suncoast,but,when,not if,but when other stuff starts letting go in the tranny,another new con from dave is just a phonecall away,for free...thats when youll be sending suncoast another 200 bucks to break yours open and clean it all out,and ship it back to you,,,,,and initial cost wasnt any more for the goerends...................bama
Pleeze...

There is nothing wrong with Gorend parts. Most people rate them higher than Suncoast. Top notch hardware and even better customer service. Have you had a Gorends tranny in your truck???
Old 07-03-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally posted by DustyRock
AlipneRAM:
The trans in the truck now is supposed to be a rebuilt. With what parts I really don’t know. The previous owner was unable to give me any details about it. I do know the Valve body has been modified with a Trans-Go TFOD kit. The trans shifts well but the TC that was put in it was junk. It was fine until I started the engine mods then progressively went south on me. The fluid coupling got worse and now its pretty much like a propeller in water. It also started shuddering when the TC would lockup, pretty much right after I put in the 370s. In talking to Dave he suggested going with the TC then if something happens to the trans we will address that. Who knows maybe a complete Goerend Trans is in my future. But for now I believe the TC will cure the current issues.

Dusty
Well, with a rebuild and a shift kit, after talking to the vendor of the TC you should be all right. (Depending on the quality of the rebuild)
I was just asking because lots of folks seem to think that hte TC is the cure for all in the Dodge powertrain only to find out that there's much more to it.

Have fun with your new toys and do post your experiences!

AlpineRAM
Old 07-03-2005, 03:03 PM

You'll love the new TC. Absolutely NO comparision to the stock unit at all.

Won't be breaking the duals loose yet (On dry pavement anyhow, wet, hold on.... ) You'll need more power.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:31 PM

I can see it now the duals break free and then so does my input or output shaft.

Bmoeller:
Yep its been a long time coming, cant hardly wait to try her out. Most anything will be better than the TC in the truck now.
BTW, I updated my profile. Will it break em loose now?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:02 PM

dr evil,,,maybe you didnt understand my post,i wasnt knocking daves parts,i was saying he backs them up regardless of problems that will come from other parts breaking.when you do another rebuild on your tranny,suncoast,dtt,ats,all charge a rebuild fee on the con.,and you should know not to put a contaminated con in a new tranny,,dave will send you another free of charge,whenever you request so........and you ask if i have had any goerends trannys,no,but ive had his con and valve bodies before.....i guess i wasnt clear,it was actually intended as a poke at suncoast ............................bama
Old 07-03-2005, 10:59 PM

OK, bama but I sure didnt read it that way...sounded to me like you were knocking GB trannys. My bad.

Quick Reply: Got my Goerend Triple TC !!!