Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerends single disc

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goerends single disc

What hp are they good up to? Ive just been emailing him he has not had a chance to call me yet so Im just trying to find out a little more info before I make my purchase. He said that I will have to run a pretty high pressure valve body in order to hold a set of 370s 181dv's a 100plate and be somewhere in the neighborhood of 360Hp. Will this cause an premature failure of anything? The tranny had a stock rebuild done aout 17k ago
Old 08-20-2005, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look, just ask him what he thinks you need, then buy it. He is not going to tell you any untruths, and anything else is wasting his valuable time. It sounds like you need to buy the triple disc though. With that much horsepower and torque, if you put a heavy load behind it, it may cause problems. Go ahead and get the valve body too, you don't want to have to pull that tranny again, twice in 20 k miles is too much if you ask me. The valve body will put the line pressure where it needs to be.
If your tranny has been slipping though, it may already be too late. I had my TC start slipping but quit driving it until I could get my GB setup installed and saved my tranny. I only had about 100 miles on it with it slipping and I noticed it right away. It gives a little shudder when locking up and then if you give it more throttle the rpms will increase without speed increasing. In lockup, that should not happen.
Dave is extremely busy, especially the more popular his trannies become. He will never let on though that he doesn't have time. He called me several times during my process to see how I was coming along and that was from his home on Sunday morning. Please give him the courtesy he deserves like he has given to those of us that have dealt with him.
Thanks
Chris