Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerends, ATS, or DTT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redstreak
Each company has their strengths - does DTT build an aftermarket manifold - no. Does Sun Coast build a really nice intake horn - no. So to respond to your attempt to undermine my credability - I do have the best interest of every single customer at heart and I do mean every single customer. Understand the beginning of my post - certain manufacturers excell greatly at certain products and that's not to say that they are a weak or inferior company by any means.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

This is exactly why I put that note at the bottom of the post. You are taking it personally and that is not what I was getting at. You raise a very valid point that ATS supplies hard parts that the other transmission builders do not, but they are and may always be know as a transmission builder first and foremost (that's how I found them). This was a thread about tranmissions though, not other parts. I was not trying to undermine your credibility, the contradiction does that on its own. I was simply repeating it.

With the thought in mind of keeping this thread informative to the creator, what would make a fella better served with a DTT, Suncoast, or Goerends than an ATS? Give the guy an understanding as to why you cast the ATS transmission aside amidst all the others.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This will not become a transmission war.
I appreciate all efforts to prevent such a thing, but this thread will be locked if it even hints of a trans war.

Rich.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

Smokindog -thank you for that explanation. I do believe greatly in all of my vendors and their products. I do my best to stear each customer in the right direction and get them the most bang for their buck. I do believe that GB trannys are a lot for the money, DTT are pricy but to me it's been worth the money and as you know the fastest trucks on the tracks are running Sun Coast stuff. In my personal experience I've never seen an ATS hold serious amounts of power. You've seen the positive side of an ATS tranny. You know how that .02 works though
Old 11-03-2006, 01:39 PM

Dave Goerend is the BEST, Period.

He KNOWS what I do to my transmission and truck, (I send him videos periodically) and he still stands by his warranty.
I have twisted a billet input shaft a 1/4 spline and broke some experimental parts that were ONLY used on my truck, and he took care of it 100%.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

Garrett has surely put it to the test. No tranny wars here.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:57 PM

In my personal experience I've never seen an ATS hold serious amounts of power. You've seen the positive side of an ATS tranny.
If you can manage to make it to the NC Drag Day on the 12th then you'll get to see one.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bobcat698

He KNOWS what I do to my transmission and truck, (I send him videos periodically) and he still stands by his warranty.
I have twisted a billet input shaft a 1/4 spline and broke some experimental parts that were ONLY used on my truck, and he took care of it 100%.
Don't take this as a flame against Dave or Goerand, but I would hope he took care of experimental parts. That's kinda why he gave them to you

The bottom line on transmissions and warranty is, TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT, AND HOW YOU DRIVE AND "USE" THE TRUCK If you're upfront with them, chances are any of the companies we are discussing will stand behind their warranty WITHIN REASON. Also, if you tell them you have 350hp, and then you go to 600hp, and toast a tranny dragracing then I don't think they should honor the warranty...after all, you lied to them

Personally, Im going with DTT...but only because I'm shooting for 12.0 at 7700lbs I know I'm going to break something
I've recommended a few of my friends to Dave Goerend becasue of his service and willing to talk with you about what he does...and he does have an excellent warranty. But from what I have seen, that warranty is used often for some people who use their truck like I think I will.

I've also ridden in DTT's in trucks that are doing what I will be...and I LOVE the way they act.

Sorry for the long post, and I'm sure someone will pick apart my post and come up with lots of things to argue about, but those are my thoughts
Chris
Old 11-03-2006, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar

Any of them will make you happy, so I say find the closest "builder" and enjoy the new transmission.
To answer the original guestion:

I quote myself!!

This is starting to go nowhere and will I'm sure be locked soon.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Garrett has surely put it to the test.
Originally Posted by Bobcat698
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
I think Dave Georend is TOPS, I run a lot of his stuff, and utilize it for other people. EVERYBODY has been thrilled with Daves stuff. His customer service is TOP Notch and his warranty is the BEST.
Originally Posted by CarcajouCummins
Goerend! They won't sell you a bunch of stuff you don't need like alot of other companies.
nuff said.... Dave is the man, I love my tranny from him..... I can't believe that I thought about using Suncoast.... other that they have a local builder..... that's the only thing they had going for them IMHO..... I called Dave told him what I was going to use the truck for.... he explained what he would recomend and what was not nessary upgrading..... I ordered it (tranny, converter, flexplate) through PureDieselPower.com it arrived a little over a week later as it was custom built by Dave for ME..... installation was all straight forward.... Dave even called me a few times during the day to check on things and give pointers..... he went above and beyond.... oh and I love the Lifetime warranty on the converter and the 100K mile warranty on the tranny......
Old 11-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by banshee
If you can manage to make it to the NC Drag Day on the 12th then you'll get to see one.
I'm pretty sure I'll be there.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by banshee
Johner,

That's funny!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

Sure enough is.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:09 PM

Sure enough is.
Hey,

I'm not slammin' you, the truck that he is refering to is an honest to GOD street truck that just rocks. It's a special beast, with an ATS tranny!!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

I know - I wasn't taking that wrong. NC boys gotta stick together. Just poking atcha. I'm looking forward to at least coming down there and meeting ya'll.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:48 PM

HTS it has been takin my 809hp for a year of pullin

www.htstransmissions.com

Quick Reply: Goerends, ATS, or DTT?