Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerend Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thekidfan
Anyone have any luck yet??
only once, dave returned my call once and i haven't talked to him again.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:06 PM

From the many times I've spoken with Dave and my father has he seems like a real honest guy. And has done everything to help us. We hadn't purchased anything off of him, but yet he offerd his advice to us without questioning or trying to get us to buy off of him.

From a business standpoint I know our business, and I'm shure along with many other small business' espically in the automotive industry that the telephone rings off the hook.
We don't even have a secertary and I'm sure that we hundreds of calls a day.
And that it can become quite frustrating and you can lose task at hand if you pickup the phone and end up on it for more than 10min.
I'm sure hes just keeping up with his tasks and that'll he'll get back to you all very soon.
I know that we don't walk away from a job thats on the bench, espically if its valvebody work. You can lose your place real quick..

-Jared
Old 05-14-2007, 10:45 PM

Where my problem now is.....I fully trust and believe in his ability to build a good tranny! BUT if/when I have a problem how long will it be before I can get ahold of him to work it out
Old 05-15-2007, 12:01 AM

Call him back or talk to someone else who works there.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would suspect that if you bought from Dave and had an issue, you would be moved to the top of the call back list right away. I have never heard of anyone who bought Dave's products getting burned, even after some pretty obvious owner errors. He is that kind of guy. Many people thought he wouldn't last, replacing parts under warranty that seemed obviously abused by the owner, but look at him now -- we are having trouble getting through to him, since he is so busy. I hope his new technician works out, to help take the load off some, but there is always the gamble that the tech may not have the same skills or detail mindset that Dave has. As long as they keep turning out reliable transmissions, they will be very busy!!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zulusafari
I would suspect that if you bought from Dave and had an issue, you would be moved to the top of the call back list right away. I have never heard of anyone who bought Dave's products getting burned, even after some pretty obvious owner errors. He is that kind of guy. Many people thought he wouldn't last, replacing parts under warranty that seemed obviously abused by the owner, but look at him now -- we are having trouble getting through to him, since he is so busy. I hope his new technician works out, to help take the load off some, but there is always the gamble that the tech may not have the same skills or detail mindset that Dave has. As long as they keep turning out reliable transmissions, they will be very busy!!
Josh,

I passed your info along to Dave last night, let me know if he does not get back to you in a day or two and I will "remind" him again.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zulusafari
I would suspect that if you bought from Dave and had an issue, you would be moved to the top of the call back list right away.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ridiculous
no it's understandable, don't get me wrong. i'm just a VERY anxious man but the only question i have is what was exactly done to this tranny that i wanna buy? i you think you could find that out for me then great!

i don't know what info you'd need to know, and i don't wanna give that stuff out on an open forum. if you think you could get those questions answered faster for me then shoot me a PM.
He's up graded his site , more info on what is done , and or options / pricing .

http://www.goerend.com/