Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerend Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goerend Transmission

what tranny is the BEST?!?!?!

just kidding, i know that has been beat to death.

the real concern here is this, there's a goerend tranny for sale in the classifieds here and i've been talking to the gentleman selling it. seems real honest and reasonable but i just wanna know what ya'll think of getting a used tranny. go check out the ad and tell me what you think. i know it's hard to do but i just need some advice/reassurance.

and also, how the heck can i get credit card credit into cash to him?

p.s. it's mine so don't try to take it out from under me
Old 05-10-2007, 12:09 AM

So you decided to go for it huh? Good move... If you save enough and it seems legit, I'd go for it. Otherwise, can't beat new.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:25 AM

If you get to keep your core, id say thats a good price... If you are giving him your core, id just buy a new one. I would be worried about a tranny with 1200 miles on it since it has a 100k mile warranty.

Eric
Old 05-10-2007, 08:06 AM

ya go for it. if you both have paypal it can be done.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by adidasman23
ya go for it. if you both have paypal it can be done.
please explain this to me!

and thanks guys, that's what i figured and yes i do get to keep my core. ALSO, he said he can deliever it to me since he will be going through nebraska on his way to michigan
Old 05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Banned

Go to www.paypal.com and sign up for an account on there. Then you can basically use your credit card to pay the guy.....it works pretty well. That's how most people buy stuff on Ebay is through Paypal.

~Nick
Old 05-10-2007, 09:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridiculous
the real concern here is this, there's a goerend tranny for sale in the classifieds here and i've been talking to the gentleman selling it. seems real honest and reasonable but i just wanna know what ya'll think of getting a used tranny. go check out the ad and tell me what you think. i know it's hard to do but i just need some advice/reassurance.
Have you called Dave and talked to him about this transmission? I would start there!! He can tell you exactly "how" he built it and its intended use.

Trending Topics

Old 05-10-2007, 09:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Have you called Dave and talked to him about this transmission? I would start there!! He can tell you exactly "how" he built it and its intended use.
That's what I would do.

Why is the guy selling it? Sometimes guys want a built tranny, but don't like how it shifts for daily driving. What TC are you gonna use?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:40 AM

gotlift, i have an account already but i don't understand how to pay a personal guy (not a business) with a credit card.

mcmopar, good idea, i'll give him a call this afternoon and see if he knows anything. as of now i just have the gentleman's first name.

geico, he said he's selling it so he can build up his old core (well maybe not 'his' but he has another 47re that's he's gonna build up and put in his truck. and it's coming with dave's triple disk TC
Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

Well if he has a paypal account also, it's basically the same thing as sending him money from your debit card / checking account. The money gets pulled from your credit card and sent into his paypal account. Or it should anyways....I bought a tranny for my jeep off ebay and used my credit card to pay the guy who wasn't a merchant.

~Nick
Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM

ah i see, i'll have to fiddle around to see what i can figure out.

and does it seem like dave is always on the phone? everytime i tried calling i can't get through.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Dave is a VERY busy man......I've called him a few times and it took me awhile to get through. It's well worth the wait to talk to him though.

~Nick
Old 05-10-2007, 11:00 AM

ya your right there, i called him awhile back and we talked for quite awhile, real nice and knowledgable fella.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned

I called him one day on my lunch and he was super busy, so he said he'd call me later that afternoon. Well he ended up calling me after he was already home and was watching TV......we talked for well over an hour! Awesome guy!!

~Nick
Old 05-10-2007, 04:07 PM

I wouldn't do paypal for this. The fees for that much money would be astronomical. Either he'll want you to cover the fees or he'd get a little jipped (which ain't cool if it can be avoided). I hate paypal for their monopoly on the online payment system. Their fees are outrageous. Just as an example, if I sell something for $200-300 on ebay and use paypal, I'm out almost $30 for ebay/paypal fees. If you're going to meet in person anyway, do a money exchange that way. I'd say a money order (or traveler's check?) would be best. Might have to get 4 of them but they're cheap. Your bank would probably even give it to you for free.

Quick Reply: Goerend Transmission