Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerend Tranny on its way...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JasonblkZ06
Wow, built autos are high, I knew I wanted a manual for a reason. That is 1/2 the value of lots of these trucks. I guess they hold their value - ie if you ever sell if you can swap a stock trans back in or sell it for more with the built one?
I will be the one to burst your bubble.
I am now on #3 NV4500. First one was on the truck.
2nd one I had a "Built" Blumenthals $1600. Lasted 8 months which 4 months the truck didnt even run.
3rd one is a "Built" Standard transmission $1800, and it seems to be holdig so far.

You also have to include the $1800 for a SBC 3600 street drag.

Then the downtime for each tranny going out.

By the time its all said and done, a full Built, Full billet auto that you can throw 1500 horsepower too, is CHEAPER!

Just wait until you add some power to that truck and have to get that NV5600 rebuilt, if you think the NV4500 is expensive, just wait.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by babyjoe
I guess I miss read it just has the valve body..
No worries.

The tranny will be going into my 01, I don't drive the 99 anymore (it's my parts truck). I'm just hoping my stock tranny in the 01 will last me the drive to Dave in July
Old 06-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Dinner, When is your tranny supposed to be done? Mine is done, I am just waiting on the torque converter to be build then there are shipping it. Hopefully this week.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 AM

Tranny and TC will (well hopefully) be done for the 7th of July. That is the day I'm planning on arriving at Goerend and leaving my truck for a couple days to have there local shop to the install, then Dave do the tweaking.

I'm getting so anxious to finally get a built tranny installed. No more driving around worrying about my stocker blowing up.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:59 PM

Ya I know what you mean about worrying about the stocker for sure.....They called me today and said it is getting shipped so hopefully be here friday....I can't wait, I just wanna drive my truck again too...
Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Baby Joe I built my trany with Daves stuff and that was around a year or so ago and I will be honest I still get a Kick out of driving my truck each and every time I hit lock up! If your making some power you will flat out love it!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Ya I can't wait, I bet it wakes my truck up a whole bunch so I can finally feel the power it has. Has anyone ever used the flexplate weld in insert. I got mine today, so I can have it welded up and ready to go in when the tranny arrives. I had dave send me a photo of a welded in insert, so I have an idea of where to weld it.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dinner
Tranny and TC will (well hopefully) be done for the 7th of July. That is the day I'm planning on arriving at Goerend and leaving my truck for a couple days to have there local shop to the install, then Dave do the tweaking.

I'm getting so anxious to finally get a built tranny installed. No more driving around worrying about my stocker blowing up.
I too drove out to Dave to have mine rebuilt. I dropped it off Thursday morning 9am and he called me at about 3 to pick it up that day, yes they rebuilt mine, not a take mine out and put a new in. I was in Waterloo IA at the time using his personal loaner suburban and didn't want the 2 hour drive again so I asked if I could pick it up Friday at about 10am. No problems. you will have it done in a day if Dave or any of his guys are doing the install.

You'll love it.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 AM

ahh good to hear! I'm getting so excited....only thing that could ruin this trip is my stock tranny blowing up, or for some reason not being allowed to cross the border!

It would be nice to have the installation done in a day, but the women I talk to on the phone said it usually takes 2 days, so we'll see.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:03 PM

My Transmisison and torque converter arrived today, I won't be able to sleep all night, I will start on it early tomorrow morning and hopefully have it in by afternoon early evening and finally be driving my truck again.....
Old 06-27-2009, 12:08 AM

Good to hear! Hopefully you will be happy with your purchase!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:30 PM

Let us know how it goes!

Eric
Old 06-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by babyjoe
After doing my research I decided to go with a Dave Goerend heavy duty transmission with billet input shaft, torque converter and a flex plate weld in insert. Has anyone used the insert and how do they hold up....I will be welding mine in myself....
That's the same setup i got and i absolutely love it.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 PM

Got my transmission in, WOW....What a difference, like night a day.....Everyone was right, I can really feel the power now...my old tranny must have been worse off than i thought for a long time..The new torque converter is great no more of that slow lagging stall.....Best investment yet....
Old 07-02-2009, 11:57 AM

Good to hear! Is there that much difference in the shifting compared to the stock tranny?

Quick Reply: Goerend Tranny on its way...