Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerend torque converter is in!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cumminsdriver635
Yes. AFC, plate, and Starwheel are all full forward. I think i will just put the 12cm housing back on, and leave all the fuel settings where they are. I can control it pretty well with my right foot, but man, if i hammer it from a stop.
A low stall converter does slow turbo spool up. I'll pass a suggestion Piers gave me to control low rpm/boost smoke.
Position the AFC 2/3 forward and add a valet switch.

I still run a 12 cm housing with full forward AFC and more fuel than you. I control smoke with my RFG.
RRG=Right Foot Governor
Once the boost is up, I can roll in the power without scaring the vehicles behind me. Sometimes, I will nail it at low boost to keep an idiot from tailgating me.
(If they can't see my mirrors, I'll smoke them out of hiding.)

I hope you contact Dave tomorrow on your slippage issue.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

I'm glad you got it in and working great. I'm still waiting on my VB from DTT. I have a feeling that rita done messed things up in the postal service and I'm gonna have to wait a little while longer.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:15 PM

Yeah. The RFG can keep the smoke under control, but sometimes it wants to get real heavy, and stick on the floor for a minute I do plan to call Dave soon, just dont know when i will get around to it. I think its probably just that i dont have enough line pressure, but i dont know. Im sure he will be able to give me an idea. I just dont slip it. It will hold in 3rd, just not 4th, at low rpm's.

Blue: That sucks. I think I ordered my converter after you ordered your shift kit, and i already have mine in Im sure its killing you having to wait. Especially since its a pretty simple installation with some sweet gains to be had, and you are still waiting. Let us know how it does when you get it in. I might be in the market for a full VB in the future....

Eric
Old 09-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Banned

Well, considering the fact that it takes 5-7 days to hand build and if I'm correct is coming from canada, I can't complain to much. It shipped this past monday and I'm figuring Rita delayed it some but who knows. I'll call em tomorrow and see what's up.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:20 PM

the overdrive unit is in the tail housing.......you may be slipping steel rings or clutch pads..... its very easy to find out just unbolt the tail housing from the truck and pull it out... then set it on a table and undo the snap ring holding a steel plate inside of it.. then after you take the snap ring then pull out the first 7 layers out this your 3 steel rings and 4 clutch pads.... if they are not orange colored but more of a dark color then your slipping in the OD and not the TQ converter. It happen to me and all i had to do is rebuild the tranny with a master rebuild kit for about 113.00 dollars off ebay and she has ran perfect since
Old 09-26-2005, 05:28 PM

What kind of a slip was it? Did it shudder, or was it smooth like mine, or what? Did you rebuild the tranny yourself? If so, how hard was it? Thanks! I plan to call Dave sometime.

Eric