Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerend single disk

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goerend single disk

Looking for a new converter now that I have a new DTT valve body and was wondering if anybody has a goerend sinle disk, I will be putting a juice with attitude in very soon and was wondering if it will be good enough. From what i hear they they are a fairly good price but can someone tell me exactly what they cost, i've seen some different prices.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:34 PM

ask this guy. he will know
http://www.gbtransmissions.com/
Old 06-17-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by S.Dodge
Looking for a new converter now that I have a new DTT valve body and was wondering if anybody has a goerend sinle disk,
Hey, how does the truck shift and handle with only a DTT Valve body?

why are you going to upgrade TC too?

let us know what you do! I need advice on what route to take on auto upgrade"
Old 06-18-2006, 01:42 AM

I'd say along with the DTT valve body that goerend single disc will be a nice combo. You would probably be okay with just the valve body, but i think you would be much happier with the TC upgrade too. The converters are alot tighter than the stock ones, and you can really tell that they put all the power to the ground. Considering that your tranny is in good shape right now, i'd say that combo would be good till about 400 HP.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
I'd say along with the DTT valve body that goerend single disc will be a nice combo. You would probably be okay with just the valve body, but i think you would be much happier with the TC upgrade too. The converters are alot tighter than the stock ones, and you can really tell that they put all the power to the ground. Considering that your tranny is in good shape right now, i'd say that combo would be good till about 400 HP.
Whats the difference betweeen going Goerend TC instead of DTT TC?

TC or VB?
1 what takes the first gears slipping away?
2 what makes more line pressure?
3 what sets the shift points?
4 does the TC last longer with a good VB?

my long time questions...thanks,
Old 06-18-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by fabricator
ask this guy. he will know
http://www.gbtransmissions.com/
I e-mailed him but he's very busy and never replied yet.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve
Whats the difference betweeen going Goerend TC instead of DTT TC?

TC or VB?
1 what takes the first gears slipping away?
2 what makes more line pressure?
3 what sets the shift points?
4 does the TC last longer with a good VB?

my long time questions...thanks,
I didn't get the VB in yet, going to do it all at once, and i'm going to go with goerend because of the price, both single disk. I heard that goerend is around $650 , not sure though, and DTT is $1075, and i'm in Canada so the exchange rate makes a bit of a difference.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:06 PM

I didn't get the VB in yet, going to do it all at once, and i'm going to go with goerend because of the price, both single disk. I heard that goerend is around $650 , not sure though, and DTT is $1075, and i'm in Canada so the exchange rate makes a bit of a difference.
and a Chevy Luv pick up cost 10k and a Dodge diesel cost 30k! I'm sure you get what you pay for. They're both pick ups right?
Old 06-18-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by RickCJ
and a Chevy Luv pick up cost 10k and a Dodge diesel cost 30k! I'm sure you get what you pay for. They're both pick ups right?
But both DTT and Goerend are great brands.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:24 PM

But both DTT and Goerend are great brands.
Good point! anyone with experiences? me and S.Dodge are looking at the same thing! Just need more ideas!

what did the VB at DTT cost? and did you have to say how u want it, or is there only one choice?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 12valve
Good point! anyone with experiences? me and teddy are looking at the same thing! Just need more ideas!

what did the VB at DTT cost? and did you have to say how u want it, or is there only one choice?
The VB cost $400 US and the instal kit is about $50. Its a custom VB, the ask you all kinds of questions about the truck.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by RickCJ
IIRC DTTs single disc converter is more heavy duty than goerends. But its also about $400 more. For another couple hundred bucks, you could have yourself a triple disc goerend. I think a goerend single disc would work well for S. Dodge's truck. If you gave me the option of having a goerend single disc, or a DTT single disc, i would probably take the DTT, but i think S. Dodge will be just as happy with a Goerend, and will be able to have about $400. Plus if he ever wants to upgrade to a triple disc goerend tc, he can get a FULL refund on his single disc.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
IIRC DTTs single disc converter is more heavy duty than goerends. But its also about $400 more. For another couple hundred bucks, you could have yourself a triple disc goerend. I think a goerend single disc would work well for S. Dodge's truck. If you gave me the option of having a goerend single disc, or a DTT single disc, i would probably take the DTT, but i think S. Dodge will be just as happy with a Goerend, and will be able to have about $400. Plus if he ever wants to upgrade to a triple disc goerend tc, he can get a FULL refund on his single disc.
Well I didn't know about the full refund but it's good to know.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 AM

Dont worry about any problems when dealing with Goerend. His stuff is top notch and he stand behind his converters with a life time warranty. I got a full tranny off him blew it up cause i sunk it in a mud hole and he gave me a new tranny for shipping costs. Dave is top notch .
Old 06-20-2006, 12:23 PM

FWIW - if you need to reach Dave Goerend, don't e-mail him, phone him. Tell him what you have, what you want to do and how much and he will not steer you wrong or try and oversell. Very satisfied with my triple disk from him.

Paul

Quick Reply: Goerend single disk