Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Goerend or BD performance VB & TC

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Sorry i didn't want to offend anyone, I'm still learning.
I'm gonna go eat some wings and think
No offense intended....none comprehended

Looks like maybe you weren't around during the tranny war days, which really isn't a bad thing. Tranny threads used to get REAL ugly, especially between the DTT and ATS crowds. Jack and the moderators were actually accused by some (in particular) of being decidedly biased toward ATS

Trans threads are alot more civil now than they used to be. Kind of a shame almost, they were more entertaining than the suspension threads
Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Well, if youre worried about the triple disc convertor setup and want to go with Goerend's for a transmission, maybe he offers single clutch convertors that dont have the potential for constant partial apply and wear that the triples might? I hope so because Ill probably do this myself so theres no risk of a major meltdown. I know hes got piles of transmissions out there with this setup, but how many have experienced problems?
Im assuming this would need to be done along with raising the lockup pressure to add more holding force on the single clutch? I dont know if he does this normally, Id have to call and ask. If theres not more holding force applied, and the surface area is smaller than the triple, would you have the potential of slipping and contamination anyway?
Apparently theyve had buildups that hold 580hp okay. Thats perfect because I doubt Ill ever get up that high.
Hes looking around for me at the moment to see if theres an installer out my way thats confortable installing their products. My usual transmission shop wouldnt, since they have their own preferred vendors =(
Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Willy91
Scott, if triple disk's are so bad why does Dave put a lifetime warenty on them.
Heck Autozone sells lifetime brake pads!?! We all know how good they are.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:48 PM

Dave Goerand has my upmost respect he truly has a no ? warranty and certainly goes the extra mile. Thanks Dave!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by RickCJ
Heck Autozone sells lifetime brake pads!?! We all know how good they are.
I surley hope you arent comparing Dave's converter's to auto zone brake pads. Dave does not sell junk.

Eric
Old 03-08-2006, 04:40 PM

Just another option, check out http://www.htstransmissions.com/ Dusty Hawk builds an awsome trans. if anyone has seen the bully dog truck that made 800+ hp, dusty built the trans that held that, and has a great warranty and is a great guy to deal with. i would at least give him a call and see what he can offer you.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:50 PM

I'll 2nd Dusty @ HTS, his trans are second to none. I broke the stock output shaft the other day, called Dusty up and he fixed it for free. Can’t ask for much more then that.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:32 PM

This is part of the reply I got back from Goerend's regarding the triple disc setup. Figured Id post this since I know some other folks had questions about the triple disc setup. He also mentions factory is going with a triple disc setup in the 3500 HD for '07.
BTW, what do you guys think of just putting a new cummins flex-plate in there instead of keeping the old one or going with a more expensive aftermarket one?

>>>>

as far as the converter clutch "dragging" in the released position, hydraulically it is not really possible, there is no sealing surface on the rear side so you have the same pressure on both sides of the clutch discs when in the applied position the discs contact the front cover and make a seal now the oil has no where to go and pressure is built up on the back side of the discs forcing them to apply some also say that the discs will "rattle" in the released position which is true if you are sloppy with your machine work but, they can rattle, if you have a sloppy fit. so if the discs are dragging they cant rattle and if they can rattle they cant be dragging