Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Glacier Walbro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glacier Walbro Kit

Has anyone tried this kit yet?
Will this replace my entire fuel system from tank to fuel filter?
I just buy this kit, install and have nothing else to buy or install? (regulator or such)?
Would I maybe be better off buying a Vulcan kit, and the Walbro pump?
Im not to keen on the idea of finding and tapping into factory wires for power for the pump.

Just trying to find the best option for me, as my vp-44 and lift pump are both dead and I need to fix this sucker soon. Thanks Bret
Old 06-06-2006, 05:04 PM

I've got the same questions.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 PM

If your speaking of our kit you don't have to tap any wires. The relay harness plugs into the factory connector.

Richard
Old 06-07-2006, 08:41 PM

I clicked their ad the other day myself and I liked that kit too (as well as the big line kit from the filter to the VP), appears to be complete, still like to hear from someone who's installed one, how are the instructions etc. I'm assuming the fuel line is bio diesel compatable? what kind of fuel pressure should we expect? I'm thinking that the 391 kit is fine for a truck with my mods?
Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 09:47 PM

Hi all, I am just about finished with the install on my 02 H.O. Probably fire it up tomorrow night or Friday morning if work schedule allows. It is a real nice, clean install kit. I'm waiting on a new Westach fuel pressure gauge isolator, mine is DOA! I will post fuel pressure once everything is right. By the way ROCK ON Richard
Old 06-07-2006, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by HMartin
Hi all, I am just about finished with the install on my 02 H.O. Probably fire it up tomorrow night or Friday morning if work schedule allows. It is a real nice, clean install kit. I'm waiting on a new Westach fuel pressure gauge isolator, mine is DOA! I will post fuel pressure once everything is right. By the way ROCK ON Richard

Cool I look forward to hearing from ya
Old 06-08-2006, 06:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HMartin
Loose the isolator. They fail pretty often, and there is no need for it. Use a small needle valve to slow pulses and you are good to go.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM

I appreciate vendors putting out good kits like this but why would you spend almost $400 on a kit you can put together yourself for less than $200? It blows me away what people will spend to avoid running to the hardware store.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 PM

Hey finally got to finish the install this evening. I fired it up and I have 18psi at idle. Getting ready to storm so I will have to wait till tomorrow to give it a test ride. I will post more.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:15 PM

The Walbro is the greatest thing since sliced bread,I got well over 12000 miles on one now,never misses a beat,pressure steady as a rock, idles at approx 19 and under load approx 16 to 17 PSI. Its silent, only way to hear it run is with engine off and your ear by the pump.
www.solidsteel.biz sells them
Old 06-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed the GDP Big Line kit, very straight forward, and worth every cent. That is the line that runs from the bottom of the fuel filter housing to the IP. I am getting ready to replace my LP, and I am leaning towards the Walbro kit (also looking at the FASS, but the price tag they have on that is ). Richard over at Glacier is spot on with customer service to boot.

As for the comment on the $$$$$ from above...by the time you add every fitting, line, harness, pump, clamp, etc....you may save a few pennies running around locating everything and piecing it together. I myself in this situation, think the extra money buying one complete kit from one vendor is worth it, especially with the help that I received from Richard when I bought the Glacier GDP kit. The reason I can say that is I am a cheap skate when it comes to parts that I think I can put together myself. For example, my exhaust. I bought a Magnaflow muff, and some 4" tubing, and built my own exahust system instead of buying a complete kit, and I also built my own gauge holder instead of buying one (see my gallery) Anyways, will post a pic of the GDP kit installed after I post this, look in my gallery.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:27 AM

Thumbs up

I just ordered the 392 kit for my '02. Glacier Diesel was very helpful and great to talk to. They answered all my stupid questions and made me feel welcomed to work with them. They even called me to let me know it was shipped!! Great place to business with. Many thanks to them. I will be getting it the first part of next week and I will install it then . Cant wait!! What a relief it will be to be rid of the OEM lift pump junk!!
Old 06-11-2006, 05:04 PM

Rise the bed

I was wondering if it would be eazyer to raise the bed rather than drop the tank. I saw only 4 bolts and the fuel box to remove and thought I could just jack up the the bed in the front and put 4x4 under it. Any body ever do this? I would have to run the tank down to empty before droping it and I never do that.
I ordered the kit this weekend cus my fuel pressure went down below 15 at idle. I changed my fuel filter and no help. I know I can run at 14.5 and 12 WFO but it just bugs me knowin its gona go. I'll get it next week hopfully and have a project for next weekend. I also want ot use the vent line rather than tapping the fill hose. Thats why I want to raise the bed. Any pics of this?
Old 06-17-2006, 01:19 PM

Just installed my 392 on an 05. If you guys are wanting info on the install (pictures soon) Check it out.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ghlight=Walbro

Tom