Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Glacier, RASP, Mitusa FASS Etc. Which Way

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glacier, RASP, Mitusa FASS Etc. Which Way

I am sure this has been beat to death, but I am getting ready to invest in a new LP Replacement/helper set-up. I am considering a Glacier, RASP, Mitusa (sp?), FASS or just go with the Holley Blue idea. Which is the best or most efficient, any installation issues with any of them, good bad issues with any, most reliable etc. I want to do it right and do it once, the truck has 57k on it and I am hoping to keep the VP happy as long as possible. Any opinions out there?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM

i'm going with the summit g3136 pump($86)which is like a holley blue.it is rated for a little more flow and draws less amps.i noticed my LP was original,when i was installing my vulcan big line kit(noticed reman IP too).the vulcan kit seems like alot of coin,but is well put together.all the fitting's are nice,but will need two an-8 to 3/8npt fitting's for the holley blue.
hopefully my stuff from summit will be here before the weekend.they usually take a couple of day's
Old 08-30-2007, 05:11 PM

got a new holly blue, less pressure than the campain pump.
about the same as the stock...need to check filter, but it's only got 2k miles on it.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:18 PM

Before you get a FASS take a look at the Airdog. Expessially the way its built.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:16 PM

FASS & Airdog = same thing. Father & Son split. Daddy kept Airdog & son did FASS.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:53 PM

I vote for the Walbro, which is what Glacier supplies.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2500superram
i'm going with the summit g3136 pump($86)which is like a holley blue.it is rated for a little more flow and draws less amps.i noticed my LP was original,when i was installing my vulcan big line kit(noticed reman IP too).the vulcan kit seems like alot of coin,but is well put together.all the fitting's are nice,but will need two an-8 to 3/8npt fitting's for the holley blue.
hopefully my stuff from summit will be here before the weekend.they usually take a couple of day's
I have (had) a Summit pump on mine. The first one lasted about 8 months and just flat quit. Well, it did have some fluctuating pressure for a few days. Summit replaced it no problem but the second one started screwing up in about 3 months. Went to see Eric @ Vulcan Performance and he set me up with a Walbro. Since then he has found out they are not as reliable as hoped. I think they are OK but will not handle much crud in the fuel without ruining them. Eric tore one down that failed and told me they are all plastic parts inside. He has a FASS style pump torn apart also and I can tell you they are as good or better than anything out there. Gear type pump that is all steel. Just my experience.

Trending Topics

Old 08-31-2007, 02:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd go walbro/Glacier.

Actually, *I* would build my own setup using the Walbro pump, but the Glacier system is a great one.

jmo
Old 08-31-2007, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
I have (had) a Summit pump on mine. The first one lasted about 8 months and just flat quit. Well, it did have some fluctuating pressure for a few days. Summit replaced it no problem but the second one started screwing up in about 3 months. Went to see Eric @ Vulcan Performance and he set me up with a Walbro. Since then he has found out they are not as reliable as hoped. I think they are OK but will not handle much crud in the fuel without ruining them. Eric tore one down that failed and told me they are all plastic parts inside. He has a FASS style pump torn apart also and I can tell you they are as good or better than anything out there. Gear type pump that is all steel. Just my experience.
is your walbro an in-tank or does it mount on the frame ?the only walbro i have heard about is in-tank and i don't care for that.maybe i can try a filter before the pump,just need to find one that flows nice
Old 08-31-2007, 08:30 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Havent used any except the stock one and the RASP. My RASP has been on just about 75k now and no problems except a leaking front seal which took about 15 minutes to replace. Have not seen less than 11psi since I put it on. Would I do it again, probably.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:52 AM

The walbro's will get clogged pretty easy with nasty fuel, but you just have to install an inline filter before the pump.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2500superram
is your walbro an in-tank or does it mount on the frame ?the only walbro i have heard about is in-tank and i don't care for that.maybe i can try a filter before the pump,just need to find one that flows nice
It's external, mounted on the frame. So far it has been good and I do have a filter before the pump.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
It's external, mounted on the frame. So far it has been good and I do have a filter before the pump.
hey russ
sorry for all the ?,not even my thread.what did you use for an inline filter.i was going to get the fram cartrage one
http://store.summitracing.com/largei...g=frm-hpg1.jpg
i had one of these on my firebird with a threaded pipe going from it too my holley blue max.worked good for that application
Old 08-31-2007, 05:03 PM

We put a Glacier with filters on my buddy's 02...16psi idle, 14-15psi under full power! The kit is well put together, easy to install, and works great!

Chris
Old 08-31-2007, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 110K miles on my RASP. I would definitely do it again.

Quick Reply: Glacier, RASP, Mitusa FASS Etc. Which Way