Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gauges HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They provide trans temp gauge but not fuel pressure?? I wonder if you can swap?
Old 08-31-2004, 08:04 AM

You may want to check out Westech(I think) gauges, I beleive they have a dual gauge that is boost and egt in one. I know RUSTYJC has a dual FP(pre and post filter) and boost/egt. He only has a 2 gauge pod, but w/4 gauges.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered DiPricol Boost, trans temp, and fuel pressure guages, and the IssPRO EV Pyro (pre turbo) guage. I am putting the DiPricol guages into a three guage pillar w/speaker, and the Pyro into the IssPRO bullet holder mounted on the dash next to the pillar. I saw it that was in I believe Phox's truck? I liked having them all together. I considered putting the Fuel pressure guage in a Geno's Dash kit, but I use that little cubby hole too much. Plus, I had to look too far from the road to see it, and want to keep a closer eye on it.

Like you, I wanted a clean setup. I thought about making a four guage pillar, but didn't see how ell another guage could be added to the area. I ordered my DiProcols and A-pillar from DPPI online, and the IssPRO products from DIS. Wildcat has a good kit for the IssPro fuel pressure guage, but I like the look of the DiProcl guage better. From my research, these companies are both excellent, so it is a matter of personal preferences.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:49 AM

Received the guages. Like the looks, but didn't realize the DiProcols do not come with green bulb covers When setting up the pillar mount, I notice the instructions do not mention the factory speaker at all! When attempting to mate up the factory pillar and the Autometer pillar, I see I need to cut off the factory speaker pod or nothing will fit right. Anyone else have this experience? The pillar looks nice, the grain is not the same as the factory piece, but the guages look really cool in it! I am psyched to get it all installed!!!!!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:36 AM

If you want to put the pillar cover over the OE pillar cover as per the instructions, then yes, you will have to cut away at the old speaker mount. Some have eliminated the old pillar cover and just attached the new one with one or two sheet metal screws. I covered mine.

Any auto parts store locally to you that sells Autometer gauges will be able to get the Autometer green bulb covers for you. They come in a package of three or four.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
When I was driving Trucks for a living we used to go to the auto parts stores and replace the little bulbs in all our guages with colored ones, purple was a favorite and looked really cool

Alot of guys added matching purple lights up under the dashes to throw a purple glow on the floor boards and also replaced the curtesy lights on the doors.

I think I'll get the white faced guages and replace the bulbs with purple ones, should look really cool and not give any glare at night.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:31 PM

Great idea, and a custom touch, too!! I just might go that route if I can find the little guage bulbs in the right color and sizes. Thanks, Greasy!

Amartinson, I haven't found the bulb covers locally, YET. But, I haven't had much time to look, so I will try a couple of the performance shops around that carry a better selection of guages. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Banned

FINAL

OK I MADE UP MY MInd.............................

@ the risk of getted player hated by my comrads

I have offically opted out of the piller in general

my after market speakers have proven to be more of a problem than thought of @ install

Ive been hitting this topic hard on DTR and web and local truck pull pits

I think pillers are cool and to all that have them congrats ,,and not to offend anyone so dont get mad its a matter of personal prefrence.......................

Most of the pilllers Ive seen kind of looked and the drivers have to keep hitting the top of it because they do not fit too well over stock piller ....I know you can take off your stock piller but for some reason 99 percent of the time it seems that people arnt doing this for what ever reason.
The speaker hole is really cheap looking and very small and really just packed in between the gauges its out of place and there is no room to cut hole bigger NONE AT ALL.
My only option for a piller is............Id have to get a 3 gauge piller with no speaker and use the bottom gauge hole instead and just fill excess will tin or something I think I can make it look really good. Id have the boost,egt gauges in the top 2 holes
This is what I was going to do untill I seen this.......................

its a life saver I love it and its now on my bookmaked christmas list
Ive never seen anything like it anyware else. now 1 gauge .............Im sorry but BOOST....... IT IS I LIKE FUN STUFF CALL ME CRAZY ----------I have the bullet proof '02 dodge anyway

I might get the egt gauge that goes in the cubby hole beside the radio Yeah I no youll have to take your eye off the road to see it but Thats what Im gonna do .

Thanks for all the advice and I hope somebody out there is in the same perdicitament that Im in on this matter.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:39 PM

if you want one more gage and a place to put it with out cutting call autometer thay have a mount on top of the steering column looks stock
Old 09-22-2004, 08:44 PM

oops i should have kept my mouth shut till i read them all but i was right
Old 09-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Banned

i can also get the digital 2 fers in boost and pyro and have 2 gauges in one spot .....but I think digital gauges would be boring to watch plus there not cheap

Ill start out with a analog boost when I get tired of it and have a little extra money Ill probly get the boost /pyro 2 fer digital
Old 09-23-2004, 01:52 PM

Homestead , where did you get the mount thats on your dash ???
jman
Old 09-23-2004, 03:25 PM

jman

It's a Rod Pod, from Wildcat Diesel. Ask for Rod
http://www.wildcatdiesel.com/
RJ
Old 09-23-2004, 10:01 PM

Its great being able to get on here and read all the comments people write. My opinion would be EGT, Boost, and tranny temp in the pillar, and then put the fuel pressure down by where the 4 X 4 shfter is at. Like the others, gauges are very important. I've been stranded with a failed lift pump while i was waiting for my FP gauge from wildcatdiesel ( still waiting too). it hurts once when you do it right in the frist place, but it hurts every time you use it if you dont.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:17 AM

Check out this site
http://www.dieselmanor.com/
they have a variety of gauges and gauge pods including a double steering column one. When I get my gauges (soon hopefully) I'll probalby use these

Quick Reply: Gauges HELP !