Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges

I recently joined the CTD club with an 02 2500 4x4 6spd and love it so far. My internet research tells me I need gauges but I'm not sure what to get. I know I need boost, EGT and fuel pressure and I like the looks of the Isspro and X-monitor setups. What I'm not sure of is where to mount them. I don't like the 3 gauge pillar mount because it seems to restrict visibility and may be hard to read with my bifocals. The x-monitor low on the pillar would be ok but they are so darned expensive especially with the FP monitor. I've seen pictures of the Rod's Pod and it seems to be a good setup. I also see there is a pod that mounts them on the dash next to the windshield but I don't know how the wires and tubing are routed with that setup. I would appreciate any advice I could get on this subject.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:48 PM

Re: Gauges

Originally posted by camelracer
I recently joined the CTD club with an 02 2500 4x4 6spd and love it so far. My internet research tells me I need gauges but I'm not sure what to get. I know I need boost, EGT and fuel pressure and I like the looks of the Isspro and X-monitor setups. What I'm not sure of is where to mount them. I don't like the 3 gauge pillar mount because it seems to restrict visibility and may be hard to read with my bifocals. The x-monitor low on the pillar would be ok but they are so darned expensive especially with the FP monitor. I've seen pictures of the Rod's Pod and it seems to be a good setup. I also see there is a pod that mounts them on the dash next to the windshield but I don't know how the wires and tubing are routed with that setup. I would appreciate any advice I could get on this subject.
Well, i'm probably not the kind of help your looking for because I am also new to this.

I ordered Autometers gauges, I got the Boost (up to 60 psi), EGT and Tranny Temp gauge. You may not be as worried about your tranny as I am and I think fuel pressure is a good idea as well. I got the 2 piller pod mount (because thats all I could find in spagetti land (the internet)) and a single pod for where I can find a place to put it.

Good luck to you, and I found this forum awesome and full of info. Congrats on the truck!
Old 03-29-2005, 09:31 PM

Welcome aboard neighbor. I'm running the Autometer Z-series, with A-pillar mount and have no visibility issues. I have picks in my gallery. Since you wear glasses, gauges would easier to read, then trying to read an X-monitor. Just my $.02
Old 03-29-2005, 09:54 PM

Re: Gauges

Originally posted by camelracer
.... I also see there is a pod that mounts them on the dash next to the windshield but I don't know how the wires and tubing are routed with that setup. I would appreciate any advice I could get on this subject.
I'm listening too...any advice? I bought Isspro EV series gauges and the AutoMeter triple dashpod. I was planning on running along the base of the windshield, but the EGT gauge has an amplifier box I need to mount near the gauge. The lead is ~3ft long; too short for plan A, so plan B is a hole/notch in the base of the dash to the firewall-mounted amp box. Now I just need to get the extra motivation and see about pulling dash panels off
Old 03-29-2005, 10:59 PM

I have bifocal driving glasses also and the same prob. I ended up getting a Westach dual gauge and putting it in a dash top pod. I found it easier to read a gauge and put it there for viewing ease with the bifocals. It's really very subjective and depends on what works well for you. Some don't like the dual saying it's too confusing to read, I don't have a prob with them. I put tranny temp down on hump in a ring mount, all I need for it is a way to color the light on the Diprocal green like the rest of the lights. Wire and tube for dash top gauges runs through an opening at the pillar bottom under the cover, no drilling.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.genosgarage.com also has a gauge holder that coverts the cubby on the dash into a gauge pod. I think they give it free if you buy a gauge at the same time. I do notice a bit of vision restriction with m 2 gauge a-pillar, but you learn to look around it on those few occasions.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm leaning toward a 3 pod dash mount. Did those of you that used the dash mount use the Autometer pod mounted in the center or something else? How do you run the wires/tubing through the dash?

Trending Topics

Old 03-31-2005, 12:47 AM
Banned

Pending where on the dash you mount the pod. if it is on the right you will need to put a hole in the dash on the left you could pull of a pillar notch bottom of it and run the hose and wire through there On the left side it would seemingly be a obstruction of view.