Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: Which Gauges???
DiPricol Optix (Black Face)
15.38%
Isspro (Black Face EV)
44.23%
Quad Commander
9.62%
Other (Please explain)
30.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Which Gauges???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Gauges???

Alright fellas,

Help me out a little here. I'm looking to replace my gauges. My considerations are in the poll above. Cost is not a concern, I'm after longevity and appearance(matching factory lighting as best as possible). I've gone back and forth between the three for the last week and I need some help making up my mind.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:30 PM

I voted other I run the automete phantom gauges. I put the green cover over the bulbs and they look similar to the factory gauges. I also had good luck with thier customer service. They sent the wrong sender for my fuel pressure gauge called them up and they overnighted my the right one for free. I think all of the choices you listed would be good quality. I guess I didn't help much.
Joe
Old 02-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by cyric
I voted other I run the automete phantom gauges. I put the green cover over the bulbs and they look similar to the factory gauges. I also had good luck with thier customer service. They sent the wrong sender for my fuel pressure gauge called them up and they overnighted my the right one for free. I think all of the choices you listed would be good quality. I guess I didn't help much.
Joe
I second this. I did the exact same thing (autometer phantom). I like the mechanical gauges and also used the green light cover.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:08 PM

I went the Quad Commander route because I got a screamin deal on it and it monitors a lot of functions (more than I need at least). It worked out to be substantially less expensive than using the Autometers. I didn't want a mechanical FP gauge because I didn't want to plumb any fluids into the cab. If it's in there is always has the potential to leak.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, for me it is a toss up between the Isspro's and Di Pricols.

I've had both and had great success with both.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:24 PM

I vote autometer phantom i love mine i haven't had any problems with mine.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Doug_TX
I didn't want a mechanical FP gauge because I didn't want to plumb any fluids into the cab. If it's in there is always has the potential to leak.
Good point . . . . . I don't have a need for a FP gauge, so I don't have to worry about that. Something to consider though.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Isspro, hands down.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Isspro EV with mechanical FP gauge in the middle of the dash ........

Installed January 2000, No isolator .....to date ZERO leaks.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
what gauges DO NOT require the amplifiers?

my local diesel shop said the ISPRO's were a pain due to having the amps,

do other gauges not have the amp boxes?
the ISPRO tranny Temp Amp cord is TOOO short.
you will to extend the "sensor to amp" cord to get the amp close enough to the gauges.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:22 PM

when i order mine this week im going for the isspro's w/ the white face and blue needle and lettering...... for me i think the white face gauges will work out great with my light grey interior, and i love the look of blue back lights @ night time
Old 02-04-2007, 12:29 PM

I've run Autometer Ultralites, and have Cobalts for the 98!

I run Stewart Warners in the 95 now...they match my silver faced gauges better than the Ultralites!

Have friends with Isspros and DiProcols...The Isspros are fine if you don't have any pyro amp troubles. The guy with DiProcols has been through 2 pyro's in 2 years.

I also run a BD X-monitor on my steering column...had a problem with it right after I got it, but BD sent me a new one. 2 years later and no troubles!
Chris
Old 02-04-2007, 12:34 PM

i had an Autometer phantom EGT gauge a couple trucks ago...i really liked it because during the daytime you didnt get any glare off the gauge face like you can see on 'jrs_dodge_diesel' 'Shovelhead' gauge pic above. but at that time they didnt have a 2 1/16" 0-30psi mechanical fuel pressure gauge so i couldnt match all my gauges.

on my current truck i just bought a package deal from a sponsoring vendor. i currently have Isspro white face and they glare. i can still read them without a problem but once i notice the glare, i always focus right in on it!! and yes the amplifier is kind of a pain for install but remember that you only install gauges once.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Chris,

How are your Stewart Warners doing? Any problem with the pyro??? That is my biggest concern. Does SW use a stepper motor or air core? CASMOKIN has them in his truck and they are sharp. I can't find any illuminated images of the black faced Competition Series so I sent SW tech support and e-mail. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone by Tuesday. EEP is an SW vendor and at the bottom of their products page they have a few pictures of the chameleon LED gauges and I think they look pretty sweet.

Man, what I thought was going to be a simple thing has become such a project.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:46 PM

I have the isspro's I don't like them!

At night they're hard to read because the needle does no light.
The boost gauge rattles
The isolator on the fuel gauge went out twice so I plumbed it direct and now it rattles

Look at the pictures above in the previous post.

Good luck

Mark

Quick Reply: Which Gauges???