Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges

Im sure this can be found some were on here but im having no luck.

I need a set of gauges for my rig. I dont want to do a computer because i still have a warranty and i dont want them to void it.

I want egt, fuel, and boots however im not finding a kit with that combination. so does anyone know of such a kit or would i have to buy individual guages. Which looks to get expensive really fast.

Were you all have found the cheapest gauges etc. I have been looking mainly at ato meter is there better quality then that? cheaper? were do they fall in that spectrum of quality and price. thanks
Old 01-19-2007, 12:17 AM

dieselmanor.com has the ISSPRO pillar pod and the guage package you want for about $350
Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 AM

Dam that was fast, (i think i was just looking at your classified on a side note) alright question about quality though how is that company quality wise?
Also some one please explain the difference between mechanical and electral fuel gauges. i was reading something and i think my understanding is all screwed up.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:31 AM

Ok another dumb question what kind of range do i need on my boost gauge?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 AM
Chapter President

0 - 30 psi will work for your boost if you're going to remain reasonably stock....
Old 01-19-2007, 04:57 AM

sourceautomotive.biz ask for rip. Hes so close to you ,you could probably drive and get them
Old 01-19-2007, 10:28 AM

I talked to rip he told me about the electric fp gauges getting killed because of the surging do to the injector pump. anyone hear of this before?

He gave me a quote or estimate for the gauges at about $516 including pillar and kit so that fp gauges doesnt get killed does that sound about resonable to you all?

thanks

Trending Topics

Old 01-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Chapter President

- that sounds pretty steep!?!? Check out the advertisers on this site, or egauges.com is real good on prices (I have no connection to them, a recent Google search showed some low prices).

I think most go with the mechanical because the e-FP gauges tend to die sooner....

The "kit" to protect the FP gauge is essentially a snubber to dampen the pulses, mine cost about $11 at a local plumbing and hydraulic supply house
Old 01-19-2007, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have all digital gauges and they have been flawless. In reguards to fuel pressure electric is the only way to go IMO. I would also get a boost gauge that goes higher than 30 psi for possible future bombings.

www.dakotadigital.com

Last edited by Copenhagenjunkie; 01-19-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: speelling errors
Old 01-19-2007, 11:48 AM

I would recommend DieslManor. They have an Isspro gauge kit ($350) which has a mechanical fuel pressure gauge (30psi, just right for a 24-valve), a boost gauge (I like the 40psi version), and an EGT gauge which has a color coded face, look here:

http://www.dieselmanor.com/gauges/ga...dge-isspro.asp

The one thing the kit is missing is the matching paint to paint the gauge pod, which they also sell. The only thing I would not use is the fuel pressure isolator that comes with the kit, I think you can get some kind of credit if you want to delete it from the kit, otherwise the kit has everything you need to install the gauges. The reason people use the isolator is to keep fuel outside of the cab, but these isolators have a very high failure rate and most people here recommend not to use them, and diesel is not as flammable as gas. Do a search on this forum for fuel pressure gauge installation, and you'll get tons of post as to how to install them on your 24-valve.

DieselManor has very good customer service, and these Isspro gauges seem to be of good quality. I like mechanical gagues over electric because the sending units on most electric gauges tend to fail over time. So what happens is that when you get an abnormal reading you never know if you really have low fuel pressure, or if your sending unit, or isolator is bad. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:08 PM

http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/recon.html

This is about as inexpensive as it gets. It also will let you set warnings and it has a recall for min/max on all of the parameters. Not to mention it is really easy to install!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:04 PM

I just ordered my set of Westachs from Geno's and it was a little over $400 shipped. I like with the Westachs since I can get four guages in one pillar pod with the dual EGT/Boost gauge. Almost went for a dual temp too, but couldnt think of what to hook it up to.

Good luck in your search.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:56 PM
DTR question asker

Originally Posted by qzilla
http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/recon.html

This is about as inexpensive as it gets. It also will let you set warnings and it has a recall for min/max on all of the parameters. Not to mention it is really easy to install!
Man I wish they made something like that for a 12v. Is there such a thing? (Sorry, not trying to hijack you're thread here).
Old 01-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a set of DiProcol guages and an Autometer guage pod from DPPI a few years ago and have been very happy. I also bought an IssPro pyrometer, pre-turbo, and their guage pod for on top of the dash. I think I paid approx. $400 for everything, and had everything installed in a couple of hours. I personally believe mechanical fuel pressure is the only way to go!
Old 01-20-2007, 12:27 AM

Id like to go with a quadzilla type set up but i dont want to screw up the warrenty if any of you know of ways to convice the warrenty of this then im all ears.
thanks

Quick Reply: Gauges