Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gauge Readings & Build out

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Readings & Build out

Gauge numbers & build out
Hi Guys...If you have been following, you know where I am. The #10 plate, 3K GSK, Boost Elbow, Timing to 16.5, Gauges, Valve adjust and a new DTT Trans, Special T.C., oversized trans pan, Billett flex plate, are all being installed in the next seven days. I have also replaced all the brakes, drums, callipers, cables and went with the rear wheel cylinder change out to the GM cylinder. I am bleeding money, however, it is for a necessary purpose. My question is, what gauge numbers should I be looking for while towing a loaded 40' gooseneck topping out at 20K lbs.? I will be going over the mountains east of San Diego, as well as the grades thru Arizona and New Mexico along the I-40. Please give me not to exceed and best average for this situation. I will be running the three typical gauges, Boost, EGT and Trans temp. Also, any additional tips, warnings, you get the idea, would be very helpful.
All of your help has gotten me along way in this process, which is priceless.
Thanks
Mike