Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gauge Mount Locations

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Mount Locations

From everything I've seen so far the A-Pillar gauge mounts seem to be too much &quot;In-Your-Face&quot; for me. No offense to everyone that has this install. Each to their own and all that.<br><br>Any suggestions on other mounting ideas?<br><br>Was thinking of mounting in the hole in the dash below the air bag on/off switch. Has anyone done this? If you have, do you like it in that location?<br><br>I am thinking of Isspro EGT or possible SPA EGT/Boost guage. Recommendations??
Old 11-28-2002, 09:08 AM

Re:Gauge Mount Locations

Rich, I thought the same about the pillar at first, but after about a week or so you get use to it there and now I wouldn't have it any other place.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Isspro EV series gauges really like them.<br>I have them mountied on a pillar no problems for me. I have<br>egt, boost, tranny temp on apillar. Fuel pressure in the<br>cubby hole you are speaking about. ;D<br> OL Ratlr
Old 11-28-2002, 09:20 AM

You could wait for one of these ;D
Old 11-28-2002, 09:45 AM

Those 2nd Gen Dash Pods are fine! Anyone know when they will be available?<br>
Old 11-28-2002, 10:02 AM

Push Rod and Scotty are the two that are building them. I think there is all ready a line forming for them. Maybe one of them will chime in with a time frame... ;D
Old 11-28-2002, 07:51 PM

The last word I got was production sorting out. It should be very soon. Yes, I'm one of those in line. I share your views about the A-pod. It's inside my focus range for these ancient eyes (too close without glasses). The ROD Pod (soon to be available from Wildcat Diesel) is just outside and will work much better. Give Scotty or Push Rod a shout for more details.

~Dave
Old 11-28-2002, 07:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Those Rod pods are very nice, I have wondered why so many people find the A-pillar so in the face though, But then today I realized not everybody has the long legs that force them to drive with the seat as far back as it will go. Even with my old eyes I see the pillar fine.<br> I do agree that if I were closer to the dash a Rod pod would be a better set up and a great alternative to putting the gauges too close to your face.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:58 PM

Agreed on the A-pillar. Seat position has a lot to do with it. I was nervous about the pillar mount, until I saw one on my truck -- took mine off and stuck in a new one right out of the box just to see. But I'm tall enough to require putting the seat back almost all the way, AND I refuse (just a personal thing here) to put three gauges in there. that third guage is very high and obtrusive to me, but the two-gauge pod is entirely acceptable to me and a very nice option. <br><br>With at least one dual gauge (westach or SPA) you don't need three gauge faces. for some reason, I just like the two-gauge pillar and really don't like the three-gauge pillar.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:52 PM

Doug,<br><br>You validated my concerns with the 3 gauge pillar mount. I'm 6' 4&quot; tall and I was thinking the triple gauge mount would wind up being obtrusive for us &quot;tall ones&quot;. Probably not for those of the stature of Gear Poet however. Regards.