Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

gauge issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gauge issues

Allright here goes. When I got my gauges installed about a year ago I noticed that my fuel pressure gauge was running between 7 - 9. I was told that it wa running a little low and it should be around 10. Since then I have killed one Lift Pump. About five weeks ago I posted in (HELP) because the truck ran out of fuel do to faulty factory fuel gauge( yes my bad i did run it a little under 1/4 tank, something I rarley do) and I was'nt able to get it started. Most of you suggested that I toasted my IP -- it made sence to me. I talked to a buddy, long time CTD owner and very knowledgable and he agreed. As my truck is still under warenty, I took my Comp out and took it to [The Dealer] here in Modesto, Ca. BTW if any of you are ever stuck, broke down out here and need to take your truck to a dealer, do yourself a favor and spend a couple hundred extra bucks in towing fees and take it to another dealer. These guys had my truck for almost FOUR weeks. when they finally gave it back to me, they claimed all that was wrong was my batteries & a map sensor At any rate, I've had my truck back for about a week and I've noticed my fuel pressure is running between 10 - 13, is this normal? My Comp is still out, does that have anything to do with it? I put my gauges in a week after I put the Comp in so I dont know if this is normal. I have also noticed my Exhaust gauge acting funny. It seems that my temp is rising really quick lately as Im shifting up to 6th gear Its running up to 11- 11.5 What do you guys think, is it due to the Comp being out or is something else going on? Sorry for the long story?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Casmokin,
We generally check the lift pump fuel pressure under 3 running conditions for everybody's comparison and understanding.
Idle: 10-15 psi with some guys running up to 25 psi + with other lift pumps.
Cruise: 10-14 psi, some guys run more with other lift pumps.
Wide Open Throttle(WOT): 8psi +

What pressure do you get under these running conditions?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Talking

you will notice the comp is a fuel hog,before i installed mine my fuel presure was rite up at 15 idling and i couldnt get her below 10 wot,with the comp in she idles at 13-14 and i can see 5 wot,eeeeek.the comp sucks the fuel up but good.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Clunk
Casmokin,
We generally check the lift pump fuel pressure under 3 running conditions for everybody's comparison and understanding.
Idle: 10-15 psi with some guys running up to 25 psi + with other lift pumps.
Cruise: 10-14 psi, some guys run more with other lift pumps.
Wide Open Throttle(WOT): 8psi +

What pressure do you get under these running conditions?
I'll post that after I drive a little today thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"you will notice the comp is a fuel hog,before i installed mine my fuel presure was rite up at 15 idling and i couldnt get her below 10 wot,with the comp in she idles at 13-14 and i can see 5 wot,eeeeek.the comp sucks the fuel up but good."

DD, I agree with that. With my LP setup, my WOT pressure dropped to 7psi on 5X5 until I worked on my banjo's....I just hope they don't break off when I change to new fittings.