Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gauge Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Install

Ok I've read the installation instructions, fuel press. and egt gauges. Checking everything out on the truck (2002) before I get started. 1st how do I get access to the back side of the cigarette lighter to tap for keyed power? 2nd just looking under the dash to get access to, you gotta be kidding , and then figure which wire to tap off the dimmer switch? Are you guys dismantling the dash, taking the cup holder out or what? Still haven't picked up a manual for the truck, would it be a significant resource for this project?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Registered

I got my key on only power out of the fuse box on the side of the dash, open the driverside door and you will see it, just use a test light to find the one you want. as for the dimmer I gave it full power all the time for the light IMO it's not to bright. if you want to get to the dimmer wire just pull off the dash cover by hand and there are 4 little screws holding in the headlight switch and get it from there
Old 10-15-2006, 12:44 AM

12volts red and pink/black + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Second Starter
Ignition dk. blue + ignition harness
Second Ignition
Third Ignition
Accessory black/orange + ignition harness
Second Accessory black/white + ignition harness
Keysense
Power Lock orange/purple 5wi driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is orange/green, unlock is pink/green.
Power Unlock pink/purple 5wi driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is orange/green, unlock is pink/green.
Lock Motor orange/black driver door harness
Unlock Motor pink/black driver door harness
Parking Lights+ black/yellow headlight switch
Parking Lights-
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light
Door Trigger yellow - headlight switch or DKP
Notes: To avoid dome delay, use tan for the drivers door and black/lt. blue for the passenger door. Both wires are located at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column. Use both wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision use door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pin
Hood Pin
Trunk/Hatch Release
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm lt. green/orange - driver door harness
Notes: Arm is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm is negative trigger through a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays.
Factory Alarm Disarm same wire
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer black/gray ignition coil
Notes: Diesel tach wire is gray/black. The wire is located on the center of the firewall. There are two black plugs, the wire is in the top plug without the white insert. The tach wire can also be found at the ECM on the passenger side firewall in connector C-1, pin 8.
Wait to start orange/black - center of firewall, black plug
Notes: See DirectFax document 1090.

There are two black plugs, the wire is in the top plug without the white insert.

If using the orange/black for wait to start causes a shifting or cruise control problem then use a pulse timer relay instead. Refer to DirectFax 1091 for wiring information.
Brake Wire white/tan + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger black/red - steering column
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A

Make sure you use a fuse, you can check for dimmer with a test ligh behind your light switch I think is white? not too many to test.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:21 PM

AAmeeting, wow, alot of info,not sure how to use it. Does the instrument panel cover pop off to access the dimmer switch or? Fuse for the pyro amplifier box, right, if I am able to tap the dimmer switch for guage lights, I won't need a fuse there? For simplicity could I hook gauge illumination and pyro amp together on same 5 amp fuse? Isspros 9black dial/orge pointer) with green bulb covers, in the a pillar, anyone have a brightness issue with them?
Old 10-16-2006, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by mattzram
AAmeeting, wow, alot of info,not sure how to use it. Does the instrument panel cover pop off to access the dimmer switch or? Fuse for the pyro amplifier box, right, if I am able to tap the dimmer switch for guage lights, I won't need a fuse there? For simplicity could I hook gauge illumination and pyro amp together on same 5 amp fuse? Isspros 9black dial/orge pointer) with green bulb covers, in the a pillar, anyone have a brightness issue with them?
The dash bezel pops off. The light switch comes out and you can use the power from the dimmer wire output to run the lights in your gauges. If you have electric gauges you can grab power at the column from you ignition harness just put a fuse close to the connection to prevent fires.