Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Gauge Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Install

I haven't recieved my new gauges to look at the install instructions but I seem to remember on several posts that to dim the gauges there is some kind of dimmer switch or something you need to buy. My question is, Why can't you wire it to the dimmer switch for the dash lights? Just wondering.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:49 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can (and need to) there is not switch other than the one you ready have.

Some do recommend toning the bulbs down a bit by making a line across them with a sharpie marker. Other than that, grag a test light and have a buddy work the dimmer switch for you. I think your wire is orange/brown (think).

No big deal. Where'd you get the gauges?
Old 05-22-2006, 06:54 PM

I was going to get them from Mark at DPPI but my wife decided to get them for me for my b-day and she's getting them from Diesel Manor which is good also. I hear lots of great things about both of them.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ashtray light dims with the dash lights, great place to tap into,
easy to find, easy to access.

phox
Old 05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
P.J
Banned

Your wife did well my friend! (nothing against Mark of course).
You are going to be quite impressed with the set of directions that come form Diesel Manor. It's ridiculous how comprehensive and easy to follow they are.

I was more than satisfied with my gauges from them.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:41 PM

I am gonna get a set of Issopro gauges: pyro, boost. trans temp, fuel pressure. Do they come with all the necessary hardware and wiring harnesses or do i have to buy that stuff separately?? Also what is the the deal with the banjo bolts?? do they have something to do with the installation??
Old 05-22-2006, 11:11 PM

I have a set of Autometer C2 gauges and I wish I had a seperate dimmer for them, I am going to get a dimmer soon. Its hard to see out to make a left hand turn at night, the gauges are so bright on the A pillar that they blind you. I would highly recommend putting a dimmer on them to tone them down.

Right now I have mine hooked to my dash dimmer and with the dash lights turned all the way down the gauges are still glowing bright, they dim some but very little, I think it has to do with them being LED.

I don't know much about DiProcol gauges but if they are LED lit then you need a seperate dimmer. I would still hook them up to the dash dimmer, just hook another dimmer in the circuit.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:01 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBRUNO4
I am gonna get a set of Issopro gauges: pyro, boost. trans temp, fuel pressure. Do they come with all the necessary hardware and wiring harnesses or do i have to buy that stuff separately?? Also what is the the deal with the banjo bolts?? do they have something to do with the installation??
Yes, the kits are complete. (I can only speak for Diesel Manor, not sure about others)

Banjo bolts are what connects the hoses and lines of your fuel system. basicaly hollow bolts with some holes drilled in them to allow the fuel to flow through. They can be replaced with higher flowing fittings.