Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

GAUGE GIZMO (Single Pod)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GAUGE GIZMO (Single Pod)

Hey guys I am finally getting my egt and was looking at just doing a single pod mount and wanting to keep my little speaker on the pillar. Will the GAUGE GIZMO (Single Pod) work and keep my little speaker. I am going with the Isspro Exhaust Gas Temperature gauge,

Thanks in advance Jay
Old 12-06-2005, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get a dual pod and a fp guage while your at it

You can get a kit from Genosgarage.com to put a single guage to the right of your radio for less than $10, or support DTR and purchase a guage holder from the SHOP DTR button above
Old 12-06-2005, 05:40 PM
GSP

I have a triple pillar pod with the tweeter .
Old 12-06-2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Phatboy
Get a dual pod and a fp guage while your at it
No doubt...If you are to only have 1 guage on a 24V - a fuel pressure guage is more important than a ETG.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:41 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

eh i appricate the advise on the fuel pressue gauge but i really dont see the need for it yes there is bit of apeasment about having it but were as iam not goin to have hi horsepower numbers and hi tourq numbers and not goin to be running a bunch of fuel though the motor and not having custom fuel plates and so forth its not really worth it. but who knows maybe later on when my budget is a little more forgiving then i might add the fuelpressure gauge but were as my truck is running like a champ have had the fuel pressure tested every oil change with a gauge under the hood thats good enuff for me right now with what i use my truck for the egt makes the most since for me. my budget can alow for hits for the vp and the lift pump but there is no way i could recover from a melted motor. as far as the egt gauge i tow alot and its a nice thing to have to watch how hot i really get it more so when or if i even do decide on the va v5 box. as far as the gauge mounts i could not stand to loose my little cubby on the side of the radio were would i put my box of tooth picks and my cell phone rofl is there a sing gauge mount in our store? or if i went with a dual a pillar pod and used the second spot for the speaker?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:47 PM

You cant afford $60 for a fuel pressure guage but CAN afford $1500 for an Injector pump and another $150 for a lift pump??

The fact of the matter is, you dont NEED to be running extra fuel to benefit from a FP guage. A FP guage is mandatory on a stock truck (and should have came that way from the factory). I see from your signature that you are planning on a VanAken fuel box - hate to be the one to break it to you but, you NEED a FP guage - no question.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:51 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

i could opt for the gauge if i was the one paying for but this is a xmas gift that iam getting the egt from my folks since it was the only thing i could think of that i needed. i could if i wanted to put the fuelpressuer gague in my self at a later date and time after the xmas season. who knows when the tax returns come in after i pay some stuff off and maybe order the va v5 i might just order a fuel pressure gauge i dont know. i just know right now its not really my up most concern. thats all i ment
Old 12-06-2005, 07:52 PM

You can get a single gauge pod with the hole for the speaker at just about any diesel performance website but I would try the DTR store first and if they dont have it then go with one of the advertisers here.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:57 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

i just finally figured out how to get around on the dtr store thats were i will tell the folks to order from. Here is another loaded question since it apears the issapro gauge is a 2'' gauge it has come to my attention that the autometer pod will not work beings its a 2 1/16''. So now i am switching gauges to the Autometer - PHANTOM SERIES assuming there frome the same company it should fit?