Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

gauge and clearance lights install help ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gauge and clearance lights install help ...

hey guys i have the auto meter pyro boost and trans temp gauges also some clearance lights for the top of the cab...i am thinking of installing them myself now after the guy who was supposed to keeps flaking out on me...called shops around here and they want 350 and another 450 to intall gauges ..told them they were f-ing crazy....i need help with the wires..i am not good with following them...my truck is a 97 auto 2500......the gauges use light wires and ignition wires ( or switched wire) what color wires do i hook up the switched wire to and the light wires to..and i would like the clearance lights and gauge lights to some on with the side marker lights..not just the headlights..any help is greatly appreciated..theres just so many under there and idk which ones to use..thanks a lot..and anyone ever taken the headboard off to do the clearance lights..is this easy?? thnks in advance
Old 01-28-2008, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cab lights aren't hard to do at all. Worst part is drilling holes into your perfectly good roof. Here's a link that I used to help me that was recommended on here, <http://www.phildorsett.com/clearancelights.html>. I didn't take the whole headliner down though, just the visors and stuff so I could sort of pull the headliner down to get to the wires and stuff. Fairly easy all around, about an hours worth of work or so. As far as gauges go, I'm not too sure, I used the Quadzilla Recon digital gauge pod. Hope some of this helps and others will chime in. Also, it definitely wouldn't hurt to do a search if you haven't already, as there are quite a few threads on these subjects.