Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fueling box with no timing... Blue Chip or TST or ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's the max gain of the comp versus the standard pm3? i do dyno occasionally and a few extra horses look pretty nice! i don't drag race or pull, can't afford to replace that many broken parts!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accord'n to TST's site, the COMP puts out 180hp 450trq and the PM3 is 120hp 360trq.....

and the PM3 starts cutting back at 3000 RPM. The PMCE (Competition) starts cutting back at 4500 RPM...

now this is per there site.....http://www.tstproducts.com/faqs.aspx#24Valve

all i did was copy and paste......
Old 04-29-2009, 03:47 PM

I've been running a TST Comp for a year now without one bit of shudder. Runs good all the time. Had the TST PM3 for 2yrs prior to that without a problem.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My vote goes to the TST box. And yes I've run them all. I had the PM3 and the PMcomp on my old 01 and have an adr/pulse on my current 01.

The pm3 and pmcomp never gave me 1 bit of trouble in the 3+/90K miles I ran it. The pump shudder only happened with the pm comp on the upper levels. 6 and up IIRC.

The adr/pulse. I like it and I dont. I like haveing everything in one and I dont because if loose one thing well. Quad also has the shudder problem. My buddies 01 will rattle your teeth loose on anything 8 and above.

The edge comp IMO use to be a good product. In recent years they've had more than their fair share of problems.

Also forgot, the Adr/pulse was nice enough to shut my pickup down the other day when I had someone over looking to buy it. It wouldn't restart until I cleared the codes with a smarty. I upgraded it, so hopefully that doesn't happen again.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike D
The TST has 9 power levels. The competition version of the TST is a optional program that can shudder the pump, geared for people trying to get the most out of their setup. Seems you had a similar option at some point? I could be mistaken as to which program my buddy was running in his Adrenaline, talk about pump shudder....

I've used the TST Competition version but don't recall having to repeatedly reinstall the vp44 due to the pump shuddering out of the truck.

You are correct, if you have the regular TST and want the competition program you do have to send it in.

5 years have gone by since I first installed my TST and nary a problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Like Mike D, and many of the other Members here, I have been running TST's Products for many years. I had the TST PM 3 on my 2002 and later moved up to the TST PM 3 (Competition). I NEVER had any electrical problems or trouble with either of those fueling modules over a four year period! The ONLY time I EVER had the "pump shudder" mentioned here, was with the TST COMP, and that was ONLY on level #9. I now am running the TST PM 3 CR with/R-49 on my 2006 Dodge CTD CR and AGAIN, have had no problems whatsoever with that fueling module either. Mark and Gina Chapple @ TST Products are GREAT people and offer excellent customer service and a very good, reliable product!

---------
John_P
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by John_P
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Like Mike D, and many of the other Members here, I have been running TST's Products for many years. I had the TST PM 3 on my 2002 and later moved up to the TST PM 3 (Competition). I NEVER had any electrical problems or trouble with either of those fueling modules over a four year period! The ONLY time I EVER had the "pump shudder" mentioned here, was with the TST COMP, and that was ONLY on level #9. I now am running the TST PM 3 CR with/R-49 on my 2006 Dodge CTD CR and AGAIN, have had no problems whatsoever with that fueling module either. Mark and Gina Chapple @ TST Products are GREAT people and offer excellent customer service and a very good, reliable product!

---------
John_P
Yep! I agree!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do less people use the Blue Chip FMS? Is it only cost? Is it the difference in fueling? Drivability? With my 130hp injectors and B1-2 turbo it is a bit slow to light off. No problem, I can drive around it daily driving with very little smoke or fog an intersection at will! But, if the TST fuels primarily based on boost and the FMS fuels primarily based on throttle position what drivability differences will I notice? Anyone have $1700 to throw in for an in-depth comparison??