Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fueling box with no timing... Blue Chip or TST or ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fueling box with no timing... Blue Chip or TST or ?

Well, I want to get rid of the EZ and add an on-the-fly adjustable fueling box. I had a Drag Comp before and it was fine (435hp/1008torque), but I’d like to use a non-timing box that allows me to run my Smarty on level 1 (timing for mileage and smooth cruise control) and light up the fuel when I ‘need’ to. 70 mile freeway commute necessitates smooth cruise! The EZ/Smarty combo makes good all around power, but I can’t plug it in when the Chevy or Ford pulls up next to me!
I am looking at the TST PM3 and Blue Chip FMS right now. I have been a fan of Blue Chip for years, but for half the price the TST looks mighty fine! What are the pros and cons of either of these? Anyone have a history with both?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also run the Adrenaline/Pulse and just turn the timing off.

Just FYI.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM

well...i've had my TST PM3 for about 4yrs now....i love it....it does a great job and at what it's supposed to do....fuel....

untill about a month ago i never had the remote, so it was either ON or OFF...now i don't have sticks or much of anything else done to my truck, just what's in the sig, but it's very responsive and smooth, to me...

i think you'd be very happy with the SMARTY/TST stack....

just my thoughts on the matter.....
Old 04-28-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
You can also run the Adrenaline/Pulse and just turn the timing off.

Just FYI.
Thanks qzilla. I am open to all options. I'd still like to know why one is better than the other... price, options, ease of use.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:55 PM

i wouldn't say one is better than the other, it's just all in what you want to do with it....

TST is preprogramed and you know what it's gonna do on each level....no owner tweek'n..

ADR w/ puls, you can do anything you want to with it....i compair it to the PPE for the D-max crowd....

i don't want the blue chip fms for the price, and i don't know that much about it....

i've just seen TST perform very well on 2nd and 3rd gen trucks....that's why it get's my vote, plus i don't have a clue when it comes to the fuel'n peramiters of the ADR and what each one does....
Old 04-28-2009, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by dodge2001
i wouldn't say one is better than the other, it's just all in what you want to do with it....

TST is preprogramed and you know what it's gonna do on each level....no owner tweek'n..

ADR w/ puls, you can do anything you want to with it....i compair it to the PPE for the D-max crowd....

i don't want the blue chip fms for the price, and i don't know that much about it....

i've just seen TST perform very well on 2nd and 3rd gen trucks....that's why it get's my vote, plus i don't have a clue when it comes to the fuel'n peramiters of the ADR and what each one does....
It got my vote and other thing I liked is you don't see talk of them failing and having to constantly be sent back for a reflash.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 PM

TST or Blue Chip FMS both awesome fuel boxes. You can't go wrong with either one.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by jp8819
It got my vote and other thing I liked is you don't see talk of them failing and having to constantly be sent back for a reflash.
You just cannot use all 10 power levels they give you without shuddering the pump out of the truck.

Also, if you do need something done it has to be sent back, no other options.

If you are referring to the Adrenaline, it does not have to be sent in, we contunuall provide new updates via USB so our customers can have the latest and greatest for free, from their home.

Examples:

Free Custom Tuning update

Last update that added Trans Slip % monitoring, Current Gear and Torque Converter Lockup status

Before that it was high idle I think
Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 PM

You just cannot use all 10 power levels they give you without shuddering the pump out of the truck.

If you are referring to the Adrenaline, it does not have to be sent in, we contunuall provide new updates via USB so our customers can have the latest and greatest for free, from their home.

Examples:

Last update that added Trans Slip % monitoring, Current Gear and Torque Converter Lockup status

I was refering to the all the edge boxes that have had failures, and shuddering the pump is one side effect of the tst comp box if you get off the throttle real fast but and he was refering to the tst pm3 not the competition box and I still think it has alot less bugs than others including the adrenaline just preform a search on each box and look at the hits you get on each. They each have there flaws its all in what you want and how much you want to spend and can live with.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Chapter President

The TST has 9 power levels. The competition version of the TST is a optional program that can shudder the pump, geared for people trying to get the most out of their setup. Seems you had a similar option at some point? I could be mistaken as to which program my buddy was running in his Adrenaline, talk about pump shudder....

I've used the TST Competition version but don't recall having to repeatedly reinstall the vp44 due to the pump shuddering out of the truck.

You are correct, if you have the regular TST and want the competition program you do have to send it in.

5 years have gone by since I first installed my TST and nary a problem.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 AM

What are you guys referring to when u talk of vp shuddering? I currently have my truck in the shop at Fleece Performance with my vp44 out and being diagnosed at Industrial Inj.(I have the tstPM3).The guy doing the work for me is highly suggesting I do away with the PM3 and going with just the smarty and not stack for future injector pump issues. I did like the tstpm3 when it worked and hate to get rid of it but at the same time I don't want to fry my pump frequently.(Put the HOvp44 in around 18 months ago.????????????? Not sure what to do either??
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 AM

Examples:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

i just love the open'n sentence......after read'n it, i realised how little people do know about there compitition.....

like a few above me said......the comp tune can cause the shudder, but by god it won't shut your truck down going down the road like an adr can.....
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by dodge2001
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

i just love the open'n sentence......after read'n it, i realised how little people do know about there compitition.....

like a few above me said......the comp tune can cause the shudder, but by god it won't shut your truck down going down the road like an adr can.....

Amen! Even the XZT+ is a truck killer. And evertime I bring up a QUAD problem, he says its been fixed, and then never responds again to tell me where to get the "fix" file or whatever. He's too busy pushing the ADR / pulse in threads about EDGE, TST, BLUECHIP, SMARTY, etc., To help the folks who own his product already.

Now, that will be taken as bashing, but myself and several others are bieng avoided on several forums simply because we've asked for a solution to a problem that "doesn't exist".

LOVE MY TST COMP!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by KennethJ
What are you guys referring to when u talk of vp shuddering? I currently have my truck in the shop at Fleece Performance with my vp44 out and being diagnosed at Industrial Inj.(I have the tstPM3).The guy doing the work for me is highly suggesting I do away with the PM3 and going with just the smarty and not stack for future injector pump issues. I did like the tstpm3 when it worked and hate to get rid of it but at the same time I don't want to fry my pump frequently.(Put the HOvp44 in around 18 months ago.????????????? Not sure what to do either??
I have only seen it happen to people with the tst comp box not just a standard pm3 but happens when you are on the throttle hard and get off of it real fast to my knowledge. Its usually is just a hard shake felt in the engine but caused by the vp 44 rotor not being able to supply enough fuel at a given moment.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:23 AM

????????????? Ya,thanx! lol

Quick Reply: Fueling box with no timing... Blue Chip or TST or ?