Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel system mods and Diablo Sport ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel system mods and Diablo Sport ?

Newb to CTD's and new to the site, so kid gloves plz

Just purchased an '01 Ram 2500 CTD, w/180k miles; new VP and LP installed by prev. ownr about a month ago (I got the receipts). It has a K&N mounted directly to the front of the turbo, 5" stack exhaust, Diablo Sport, stock fuel system, a fuel pressure guage. Fuel pressure runs about 9-10psi when its cold, about 7.5psi @ 70mph. Will dip to 6psi if I do around-town driving (maybe from heat soak?), WOT doesn't seem to change it --> Time for a fuel system and guages, methinks.
Questions:

- FUEL: It looks like a Glacier or Vulcan are the only pre-built options for big lines & dip tube. I've searched and read several threads on this. There doesn't seem to be a consensus about brands, or methods. Suggestions welcomed ! My theory is to do it right the first time! Does that mean two pumps? IMO, pumps and fittings are cheap - compared to VP's!

- CHIP: Can I, or How do I interface with the Diablo Sport? According to Diablo's website, its a single setting unit for the '01's.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Banned

Well you can do some different options for fuel upgrades........it all depends on how much you wanna spend. You can get a FASS system which most here recommened, but they are pretty pricey. Vulcan is a nice setup as well and is a little bit cheaper.

I am running Bully Dogs fuel system upgrade......which consists of a Holley Blue pump and bigger lines to the VP. It works awesome and total with shipping I spent less than $300 bucks for it.

Everyone has there upsides and downsides.......I can't speak from experience with any of the other systems cuz I've never had them.....but hopefully some other guys will chime in and help out!!

~Nick
Old 10-16-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Steve C
My theory is to do it right the first time! Does that mean two pumps? IMO, pumps and fittings are cheap - compared to VP's!
If you want to do it right then forget this electronic pump or that electronic pump and get a mechanical cummins pump- you just need a cam to run it

Other mechanical systems availible are called rasp and mitusa. There are plenty of electronic options also, but you *said* do it right =P If you want cheap and easy instead vulcan and walbro or even the bully dog kit mentioned above are good options.