Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel System and Guages

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel System and Guages

Heavily considering upgrading the fuel system. I have been looking into either the Vulcan or Bully Dog big line kits. I do not have much information on the Bully Dog. Is the holley blue that comes with it, cheaper to replace/more reliable/or in any way better than the stock carter? Does it relocate the pump to next the tank? Does the kit allow me to keep the stock pump in stock location? Or would a new carter and the vulcan be the way to go? For those who have the Bully Dog installed pics would be appreciated so I can see how things go together.

For guages I'm thinking Westach so I can get the Combo boost/egt and have it match a 30 psi fuel guage. Any impressions on these?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

Westach are ok, we do not stock them but have Isspro, DiPricol and Autometer. We feel these are the top lines to have, but that could always change and we could add something later.

For your fuel system go with the FASS high pressure fuel pump replacement kit. It will get you either a 95gph or 150gph pump, larger lines and give you all the fuel pressure you will need for keeping your injection pump running in the safe zone. Contact me if you need any more infomation.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:04 PM

FASS it and be done......you can go with the others...but man...its just too complete of a kit and you will never have any pressure issues again! Plus a 30K mile Filter and a little extra power. I would save up and do it right.....alot will dissagree....but there're many happy FASS customers.......
Old 03-09-2006, 07:32 AM

I didn't know about the Bully Dog kit until I had my Vulcan kit installed. It looks like a great deal. Vulcan is a great deal too. There's even a modified version of the vulcan kit for sale on Geno's for $70. Mine was a little more than that off ebay (lists as pusher pump kit).

I have no experience with the holley pump, but it looks like plenty of folks run it. With my vulcan kit and a new carter pump I can't pull fp down to 12 at WOT even with my mods. Fass does offer a good warrenty, but seems overpriced to me.