Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel Pressure ???'S

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Pressure ???'S

Well I finally got all my gauges in. After a air lock from changing the fuel filter the last time I was a bit scared to play with the fuel system again. I installed it below the fuel filter bowl with a needle valve. On initial start it was nothing but I figured that was normal from air being in the system, as I continued to drive it never came up from ZERO. At a stop light or idle it will come up to 2psi, I would assume my lift pump is shot, this would be number 2 first one went at 40,000 miles and now again at close to 80,000. I do planon getting a Glacier fuel system for it, and now it seems a new factory lift pump, just wondering if it is bad, on the last fuel filter change I did as I always have(used the bump start method) and never had a problem before this time it airlocked, so I assuming with the low pressure and the air lock the last time my lift pump is shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Old 04-22-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't waste the money on a stock replacement again. Go for the glacier kit, or go with a sourced Walbro GSL392 off of ebay. I got mine for $120, shipped to my door. I bought a bunch of fittings and fuel line from Vulcan performance, and installed a bypass valve, completing a custom system like a Glacier, et all for less money. Their product and kit is good, just realize you are paying them for their markup and engineering (Rightly so -- they spent the time putting it together, advertising, etc.) My install of the new system was just a bit more expensive than getting a stock replacement from Cummins, and I changed a bunch of fittings, lines, and added a low pressure light.

I was not able to get a "campaign" pump from any Cummins dealer in Iowa, either. (I didn't really want one, but for $65.00, it was a fleeting thought for awhile)
Old 04-22-2007, 04:44 PM

I seriously doubt you could put together a Walbro kit for cheaper than www.wideopendiesel.com does it...
Old 04-28-2007, 06:03 AM

Ok took my truck back to the dealer for some other things and had them check the pressure at the schrader valve and its fine, so they say my gauge is bad. I came home and took the line off at the back of the gauge and put it in a container to see how much flow I was getting and it is nill, not very much at all. it also shut the truck off, so I had to bleed the air out yet again. My question is shouldnt the fuel coming out of the open line be strong?? Any help would be appreciated. I checked all my line and nothing is kinked I was goona install it where the schrader valve to see it that would make a difference. Please help, thank you Brian
Old 04-28-2007, 06:31 AM

Is your needle valve open ? Air in the gauge line wont hurt anything, it acts as a damper. Also, check for a kinked line to your gauge.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:58 PM

I opened the needle valve all the way. and checked for kinks and I have nothing??
Old 05-16-2007, 01:07 PM

well I finally got fuel pressure but not from installing a new gauge as my dealer stated. I ordered a FASS 95 system from Jason at wide open diesel and low and behold I have 16-17 at idle and never below 14 at wot. Jason was great to deal with and would highly reccomend his company to anyone he was very helpful and took the time to answer all my questions. I was going to get a Walbro kit but with the 6 year warranty that the FASS comes with it was a no brainer for me, I did have to buy two 90 elbows to mount my pump cause of my short bed but other than that its a great pump. Now I wanna slap my dealer for saying I had plenty of pressure such clowns down there!!!!!!!!!!