Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

fuel plate and star wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel plate and star wheel

does anyone know where I can find specific instructions on how to move the fuel plate forward and how to adjust the star wheel on 12Vs? I want some more juice but don't want to mess anything up doing it. thanks alot!<br><br>Lance
Old 05-23-2003, 06:21 AM

Re:fuel plate and star wheel

This is the instructions for installation of the TST power kit included is how to move the plate and adjust the starwheel. Look out this is adictive, I have only had my truck just over 1 yr. ;D ;D :P<br>Good Luck <br>Bruce
Old 05-23-2003, 07:38 PM
Chapter President

was there supposed to be a link?
Old 05-23-2003, 08:00 PM

http://www.tstproducts.com/power_install.html<br><br>It may seem a little intimidating the first time you start playing with the pump and learning new stuff, but it's pretty easily. i chiseled away at the break-off screw with a screwdriver (i didn't have a chisel) and a hammer until it came out. all 4 bolts have been replaced with philips head screws, however, i can't get the bottom two tight enough to stop the slight oil leak from the afc housing gasket being worn (on and off too many times).<br><br>push the stock plate forward, pinch off the wastegate hose...and enjoy!<br><br>Tom
Old 05-23-2003, 08:08 PM

Sorry the link was missing. Thanks 98rammer<br>Bruce
Old 05-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Chapter President

98RAMMER-<br><br>I started a diffrent thread about the wastgate and the diffrence between just pinching off the line and doing it right with the elbow. How do you just pinch it off or where at?<br>
Old 05-25-2003, 03:36 PM

i simply pinched off the hose taht goes from the compressor side of the turbo to the wastegate on the exhaust side. no air movement= no boost to reach the wastegate. i first used an old rusty pair of vise grips, but i just use a cable pincher/stopper.<br><br>Tom

Trending Topics

Old 05-25-2003, 06:20 PM

That will work fine as long as you keep your turbo within it's map. The first time that someone has to remove the intercooler to clean it because of an exploded turbo releasing parts and or oil is a hard way to learn. That this is a NO-NO.<br>Bruce
Old 05-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Chapter President

I looked at mine but everything seems to be steel, no rubber tubing. Is this right? There is a little pipe under the turbo that is tapered that goes into a little vacume looking deal. Is that it?
Old 05-25-2003, 08:57 PM
RCW

There are a couple of do nots here. <br><br>Do not pinch the wastegate pressure line closed. Get the elbow with the fuel plate kit, and use the elbow. Pinching the line shut will, and I do mean will, snuff the turbo if you add a fuel plate and start really fueling the system.<br><br>The other is do not fool with the elcheapo star wheel adjustment. The factory spring is too stiff and not long enough, and you will ruin your fuel economy. Get the AFC kit, and use the lighter and longer spring, then set your AFC housing all the way forward. That way you will get increases in low end, and keep your fuel economy.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Banned

I dont why you say dont mess with the afc spring mine is wide open and i filled up today and got 18.57 mgp with NO fuel plate the boost line completely blocked off and 370 injectors ohh did i mention that it also makes the 50 psi boost gauge go out of sight.It does sure get a real good set of posi tracks for about 50 feet in 3rd gear.Still gets great fuel mileage and has 185k miles on it too,so dont be afraid to not use your fuel plate it is just there to make people whine and to cost you money for a new one...The only thing you need to get for your truck is the KILLER DOWL PIN fixed...
Old 05-25-2003, 11:04 PM

sweet, I am glad I got the 60 psi auto meter boost gauge. now does it smoke alot? I hope so, I need some smoke, also what kind of EGTs do you get?
Old 05-26-2003, 01:37 PM

rcw, what do you mean be &quot;snuffing&quot; the turbo? it's not like i'm hitting 50 pounds of boost... i'm only hitting around 34 which isn't out of the map. i personally have never heard of an HX-35 exploding under 40psi.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:31 PM

98rammer:<br>Your sig says you have a 370 pump with a ground plate, Ground to what? 215 injectors and can only get 40# of boost with the wastegate blocked. I believe you have a problem of some kind as I was able to get 40+# with a #8 plate and with boost elbow supplied with the kit. I also had the 3,000 GSK at that time. To ge the fuel flowing you might want to install the AFC spring kit, it is only $35.00 and will allow the fuel to flow faster and with better control.<br>Bruce
Old 05-27-2003, 07:45 AM

no, i still have my 180 pump with a plate ground flat ( equals a #0 plate). the governor is broken so i have the 370 pump coming in wednesday or thursday i expect. i run my truck unlocked a lot so i don't slip the transmission. when locked up on the highway, i've never floored it (as i would slip the lockup clutch and/or bands). i have, however, hit 40pounds of boost with lesser fueling when floored in 4th locked. but now there's too much to even try. <br><br>Tom

Quick Reply: fuel plate and star wheel