Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel Plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Fuel Plate

If I bump Up my Fuel Plate On my cummins will i get some more power fuel and smoke if so how do i do that allready turned up the star wheel a lil thanxxx get back to me
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you have gauges, you might as well grind ur stock plate to a #10 or #100, u'll be very happy. Do a search for "free 12v mods" "fuel plate" or "grind Fuel plate" and there should be hours of reading on how to do it. And after you grind it, u can move it forward however far u like it. you can move the stock plate forward, but to get more fueling u should grind it. And also moved ur AFC forward if u want alittle more preboost power and smoke. Search for "slide AFC" and u'll find lots on it. And once u get the free mods done, theres LOTS more to do if u got alittle money.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:47 PM

yes.... sort of. the stock fuel plate can be slid forward(towards front of motor) for more power, but only a small amount more of power can be had with the stock plate, cheapest thing to do is grind your own plate, by taking the stock one and grinding it down so the arm that makes contact with it will travel further. there is a post on here of fuel plate profiles that you can look at, im not sure where its at though, just use the search and you'll find it.

jason
Old 06-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by Spookys97CTD
If I bump Up my Fuel Plate On my cummins will i get some more power fuel and smoke if so how do i do that allready turned up the star wheel a lil thanxxx get back to me
Bumping the fuel plate will give you all of those things but you shouldn't look to creating more smoke as a good thing. We accept more smoke if it gives us more power but it's not preferred. The more our trucks smoke the harder the enviro nuts push to restrict us.
Also when you increase fuel you need to increase airflow and it's a good idea to know what your exhaust temp is doing. Extra fuel means extra heat.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:11 AM

Thanx Guys yeah i run about 29 psi of boost my egt's a resonalby low usually areound 6 - 700 degrees maybe 900 when im on a hard grade with a 16'ft trailer and a mustang im tryin to keep the powr down a little till after the summer wanna do the small stuff i dont wanna smoke the stock trans yet after summer bring it all trans will be built thanx for the help next step is the KDP any ideas are welcome loocking for some good setups on trans stuff and mods get back thanx for the help
Old 06-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If ur trans is in good shape now, a upgraded Torque Converter and Valve body say from Goerand, DTT, or another quality brand would do wonders for u. You'll think it's a whole different truck, and it should be good for some decent hp/tq.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:28 AM

Yeah trans shifts great lock up is great shifts hard ill def check that all out BOX5 how hard was your 5 spd swap and how much did it run you
Old 06-22-2007, 12:37 AM

If your egt probe is after the turbo, 900 is pushing the limit.