Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

fuel line options and Fleetgaurd?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fuel line options and Fleetgaurd?????

my fuel supply line is leaking bad when my truck is running. so now that i have to replace it. i was wondering if there was anything out there better than the stock lines. also i have heard that the stock lines are too small to go bigger. is this true??

i have also heard that marine fuel line is thicker. does anyone know what i would need or were to get this line to do this???

any help would be great to get back on the road. also while i am done there i am going to replace the return line also.

and i have heard that the return line emptys were the pickup is at. so wouldn't it be picking up hot return fuel. so wouldn't it be better to make that a vent and dump the return were the vent is. is this true?? and would it work to change them??

while i am changing fuel lines is there anyother ones to possibly change at the same time?? also about fleetgaurd i was wondering if anyone has the part # for the fuel strainer filter part #. i had it and lost it. my local fleetgaurd place can get it for me but i have to buy a whole case of 12 of them. or can anyone can me just 1/2?????

thanks
Old 11-23-2006, 05:01 PM

anyone????????
Old 11-23-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure , are you talking fuel lines [ metal ] or hose ?
I've read some about putting in a big line kit , just saw on ebay , the fittings , not sure but it looks like you make your own lines with a bender after getting the fittings , I haven't followed this too much becouse I do not plan to need that much fuel [ my Hp chase will stop at about 400 -450 tops ]
Do a search on this site, on big line kits , should get you what your looking for .
Old 11-23-2006, 06:03 PM

Ive got a 95 with steel lines in the tank cap as well as the steel lines on the frame and Ive got rot on there thats letting air in someplace. Most folks here suggest bypassing the metal lines on the frame rails with good quality USCG-approved diesel fuel hose like the trident marine stuff. You can also get braided fuel lines but thats expensive.
Im not sure if your truck has steel lines on the tank cap, I think its only the early 2nd gen trucks.
Personally Ive got a 50' roll of bendable 3/8" ID aluminum tubing Im going to make fuel lines out of to replace the rotted steel ones. I got that and some 1/2" OD tubing hold-downs from mcmaster-carr for pretty cheap. Not sure what Im going to do with the tank cap yet. Ill probably fab something like a vulcan draw straw but use aluminum tube for straws.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:47 PM

on my truck from the tank its rubber hose then were it comes from under the truck to bend up along the firewall its turns into metal tubing which its crimped too then back to rubber then to the motor. and this is the supply line. and the 2nd rubber piece going to the engine is supposed to be crimped to the metal tubing and on mine there is a hose clamp holding it on. and i believe it is leaking there but i have to do more checking.

also does anyone know on these how they are attached to the fuel tank?? so i can be prepared and not surprised.

i know on the 24 valve the banjo bolts u want to get rid of cause of the size of the orfice on them. is that true for the 12 valves also??

if so were can i get fittings to change these??

thanks and

HAPPY TURKEY-DAY TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:54 PM

There are some weird clips on the tank fittings, I forget what type. Its okay to have clamps and hose between the steel lines off the frame and the injection pump and fuel heater/lift pump. There should be a 3/8" feed and a 5/16" return rubber line there. They like to dry out and allow air in. The two rubber lines from the top of the tank might be suspect as well.