Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

fuel box to incab swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel box to incab swap

I have an 02 3500 6spd.I curently have a vanaken 100 horse fuel box and now wont some more power and some incab adjustment.I allready have a 3 gauge set.Boost,egt,and fuel pres.The norm. Im trying to decide on the edge J A setup or the comp box.I heard some rumors that the comp box is not a good setup for towing.Thats what I do the most of.I do some light sled pulling and slugin it out at the local drag strip for a little fun.I really dont wont to pull my gauge set but Ill do what I gotta do for the best swap.

Im all ears and open to all info.Thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 01:37 AM

Basically, they are the same thing.

I do not know if the programming parameters have changed, but at one time, they were exactly the same for power, economy, smoke, ect.

The exception is the defuel capabilities of the Juice depending on certain driving conditions.

Remember, these are made by the same company Edge.

Dave
Old 02-08-2009, 02:35 AM

Yes, I thought the Juice was a comp with digital gauges. I dont have a comp (yet) but im pretty sure you can tow with it but you would probably want to leave it on stage one or two. anything higher than that ane your EGT would prob. be though the roof.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by dodgepower79
Yes, I thought the Juice was a comp with digital gauges. I dont have a comp (yet) but im pretty sure you can tow with it but you would probably want to leave it on stage one or two. anything higher than that ane your EGT would prob. be though the roof.
From what I've seen with mine, you can tow on level two, but even if your on level 5, its going to defuel if you have the parameters adjusted, ie set your max EGT/max boost etc. only difference is the monitor will screech at you saying you have exceeded egt's and its defueling to bring them back to a safe level. I've got nothing but good to say about it. its so much better than a box with gauges. it allows you to set what you want it to do, and you dont have to drive around looking at the gauges as it will beep and warn you if something is wrong. I drive mine pretty much on 5x5 and under normal driving I dont see much difference in EGT's but under a WOT or if the engine lugs along it will belch out a pretty big cloud of smoke.
I had a problem when I bought my J/A and I called the 1 800 number, I explained that I could not adjust the power levels, they sent me a box right away, come to find out there was nothing wrong with it (I think) as when the J/A is first turned on its on level zero, I went in the sub menus adjusting things in the same order as described in the owners manual.....but the power levels have to be changed BEFORE you can adjust the "low boost setting" all I had to have done was use the up/down buttons to get it off the stock setting and everything would have worked just fine.

the ADR seems like its loaded with extras and makes more power, I cant speak for it but I read threads on it quite a bit,

As for gauges you can leave the stock gauges you have, as there is a simple dash mount for the monitor, this is what I did orginally, then I removed the gauges, and went with the pillar mount for the monitor, as it looks so much cleaner. You could get just the comp and use your gauges, but there is so much more you can do with the J/A, and its worth every dollar.

oh and last week the hot unlock was on sale for 50$ I did not need it but I bought it anyway.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Thats great.Thanks for the info.Dose anybody have the A2 monitor with the back up cams?I think that would be neat with the cam on my headake rack for hookin up my gooseneck.