Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

free mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
free mods?

well im sellin my raptor to get a cummins.im defiantely getting a 12valve stickshift. looking to spend about $4500-5000 and get a 2nd gen but i have heard you can make a 12valve pretty quick just by doing a few things to it that cost you no money...thats the kinda ride im talkin about. if this is true or pertains to any year please let me know im new to diesels but believe im headed the right way since i picked dodge
Old 10-14-2008, 10:36 PM

Read these, they will help you ask the right questions, and use the SEARCH button, that is the best I can do Cause I am a 12valve newbie myself.

http://www.cumminsdatabase.com/read.php?id=58

http://wiki.dieseltruckresource.com/wiki/Pump_Mod's
Old 10-14-2008, 10:39 PM

the Free part depends on whether or not u know what your doing but ur first step either way is to buy a set of gauges. If you only buy 2 gauges they should be boost and egt (exhaust gas temperature). the egt gauge will basically tell you whether or not your going to hurt the motor. As for the making power part one of the easyiest things to do is to get a fuel plate. Fuel plates come in different profiles (they are numbered) and each profile is ment to fuel at a different rate therefore some make more power then others. An exhaust system would also be something to look at inorder to keep the egts down.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:42 AM

i plan on gettin a pod with boost,egt,and what should i make my third guage?.my freinds sellin me his 5inch straight pipe exhuast with 6inch outlet so i'll be good on exhaust.what should my first mod be after guages and exhuast
Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 PM

first step is to change the fuel plate.. and add a boost elbow. Depending on who you buy the plate from the boost elbow may or may not come with it.. I chose to go to TST because the boost elbow came with it so i can better take advantage of the extra amount of fuel
Old 10-15-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 97 D-Tec
first step is to change the fuel plate.. and add a boost elbow. Depending on who you buy the plate from the boost elbow may or may not come with it.. I chose to go to TST because the boost elbow came with it so i can better take advantage of the extra amount of fuel
ive heard you can grind the fuel plate down instead of buying one or somethin like that?how much gains would i see with the new fuel plate and elbow peice if i went with tst??and do you got a link i tried looking on the site for a boost elbow peice and no luck
Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boost elbow? Just plug it and let her scream. That'll get you a reason to buy a bigger charger sooner.

Trending Topics

Old 10-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2whistlers
Boost elbow? Just plug it and let her scream. That'll get you a reason to buy a bigger charger sooner.
plug the spot up where itd go or what??,and bigger chargers is what...?sorry im a big newbie at diesels
Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM

yes u can grind it down but if you dont know which profile you want to go with or what that profile looks like ur kind of in the dark.. if u buy a new one you basically know what ur hp n torqur range ur going to be in and like i said some manufacturers send the elbows wiht the fuel plates at no charge like TST so u wont find just the elbow itself
Old 10-15-2008, 05:47 PM

Search Fuel Plate And On Ebay Search Boost Elbow U Can By Them Seperatly There, U Can Also Take Fuel Plate Complety Out And Afc Completly Out(not For Everyone)- Lots Of Noticable Seat Of The Pants And Smoke, Need Gauges And Becareful Or Ull Be Lookin For Tranny. Search Bar Is Ur Friend And Spend A Couple Hours Trollin Around On Here And It Will Help
Old 10-15-2008, 05:48 PM

sorry for all caps
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by golddusters5703
Search Fuel Plate And On Ebay Search Boost Elbow U Can By Them Seperatly There, U Can Also Take Fuel Plate Complety Out And Afc Completly Out(not For Everyone)- Lots Of Noticable Seat Of The Pants And Smoke, Need Gauges And Becareful Or Ull Be Lookin For Tranny. Search Bar Is Ur Friend And Spend A Couple Hours Trollin Around On Here And It Will Help
i plan on going stick but what should i NOT be doing with it. i know not to launch hard with alot of boost built up how much boost is safe to launch with or is that not a good idea at all?any other things besides launchin hard?
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS ITS GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 10-15-2008, 06:54 PM

well i launch with my stock at trans at a mild 10lbs of boost without killing it and from what ive been told the manual stronger so dont be scared to launch it a little bit higher then that
Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 PM

alright that sounds about good,here are the guages i was looking at anybody know if these are good or junk??
http://stores.ebay.com/GLOWSHIFT-GAU...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Last edited by thatraptorguy; 10-15-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: diff question
Old 10-16-2008, 06:28 PM

Bump.......

Quick Reply: free mods?