Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Free GSK done, now Q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free GSK done, now Q's

I did the washer GSK this past weekend, everything went great. She pulls up to 3000 fast, idles the same as before and I love the touchy pedal.

Here's the question, the first 1/4 pedal is the only area that makes a differance in acceleration. The last 3/4's of pedal I have make no differance whether it's at WOT or 1/2, there's no change. Could this be due to me having the stock plate still in it and it's causing it to still defuel as I push the pedal?

Cheers
Old 11-22-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by White Rat
I did the washer GSK this past weekend, everything went great. She pulls up to 3000 fast, idles the same as before and I love the touchy pedal.

Here's the question, the first 1/4 pedal is the only area that makes a differance in acceleration. The last 3/4's of pedal I have make no differance whether it's at WOT or 1/2, there's no change. Could this be due to me having the stock plate still in it and it's causing it to still defuel as I push the pedal?

Cheers
not sure.... never did it on a pump with a stock plate, but as soon as you put in a plate, THEN its gonna pull hard!!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers
Stock fuel plates suck...

for lack of a better term, a 10 will make a world of difference over the stocker in any situation, or if you want even better, and dont mind slightly warmer EGTS the 100 you will love I know, im running one..

The stocker has a really crappy profile and even at forward will still pretty much be lame.. grind that sucker down.. Pics of a 100 in my gallery..

Rick
Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 AM

are you running a different clutch with your 100 plate? i'm going to do either the 100 or 0 but am waiting until i get a new clutch first.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, having the stock plate in the stock position will make it feel like that. Take the plate out and grind it to a 100 profile. You will be suprised the next time you mash the go pedal. Keep an eye on the EGT you may have to bump up the timing some and block the wastegate off for more boost(not over 35lbs for stock turbo though).
Old 11-23-2006, 11:32 AM

even if you don't want to gind it yet just move the stock plate and afc housing all the way forward, you will fell a lot faster than stock, thats what i did to mine with a 3k gsk and its a lot faster than stock now, i happy until i get a new clutch and do more
Old 11-23-2006, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DalmationDodge
are you running a different clutch with your 100 plate? i'm going to do either the 100 or 0 but am waiting until i get a new clutch first.
Yessir,
Im running a different clutch, please Pm me for details...

Respectfully

Rick
Old 11-23-2006, 12:46 PM

Thanks guys. I figured that the plate had alot to do with it, I'm going to grind my plate this weekend.

I've never seen any measurments on how far out the ramp on the 100 sticks out, anybody have one? Do I want to make the ramp as short a possible or is there a science to it? Sould I plan to adjust the govenor arm too or is it going to be fine since I'm using my stock plate to grind from?

Cheers
Old 11-23-2006, 01:34 PM

Have you guys seen this one!!

Good to see you guys are back, this subject has slowed alot.
I was wondering what you guys thought about the post a guy done, he ground a second washer for the inner spring #3. He said that it took the touchyness out of the throttle's first half. So he has put in two washers, one hits the 2nd spring and the 2nd washer hits the 3rd. What do you guys think?
He said it works great. I guess the way the GSK works is the 2 middle springs are relaced.-----
Marv.

[I just wanted to add, not Hi-jack your thread.]
Old 11-23-2006, 04:56 PM

Thanks guys. I figured that the plate had alot to do with it, I'm going to grind my plate this weekend.

I've never seen any measurments on how far out the ramp on the 100 sticks out, anybody have one? Do I want to make the ramp as short a possible or is there a science to it? Sould I plan to adjust the govenor arm too or is it going to be fine since I'm using my stock plate to grind from?

Cheers
leave the bottom ramp as long as you can! And start from there! lots people cut of the ramp on the bottom, but i dont see why, if you leave it as long as posible, there's a bigger chance of not needing to adjust the gov arm.
even then, pull up the solenoid, and check that the gov arm wont run under the plate!

ON EDIT: oh i see you have a 95. not so important what i wrote above!

more on a 215 and 180
Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by nivram
Good to see you guys are back, this subject has slowed alot.
I was wondering what you guys thought about the post a guy done, he ground a second washer for the inner spring #3. He said that it took the touchyness out of the throttle's first half. So he has put in two washers, one hits the 2nd spring and the 2nd washer hits the 3rd. What do you guys think?
He said it works great. I guess the way the GSK works is the 2 middle springs are relaced.-----
Marv.

[I just wanted to add, not Hi-jack your thread.]
yeah... I still dont understand that exactly, once i do, ill try that i guess.
now it makes 2 trucks, who just wont work right after the GWK.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:39 AM

I like the touchiness.