Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FP meter

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:50 PM
xms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP meter

Okay I been on this site for while now and let me tell you it one the best site I have been on, very informative place to be, but I a got question what kind of gauge do I need to get for fuel press what brand and the forums say at the lift pump but where exactally does it mount? those anybody have a step by step instruction on how it is installed.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What year of truck do you have? Brand isn't a huge thing. I have autometers, lots of guys are running di pricol gauges as well. Depends on the style you like. If you're running a 24v, a 30 psi fuel pressure gauge will do the trick. 15 psi may be low if you run an aftermarket lift pump, and 100 or 50 psi will have way too much wasted sweep. I run electric gauges and have yet to have a problem, but lots like mechanical gauges. But there is more potential for leaks with mechanical, but nothing that can't be fixed. You will want a needle valve with a mechanical gauge to help reduce pulsations that will make you needle bounce around.

There are some test ports on the fuel filter canister on the 98.5-00 (I may be off on the years), one is pre filter and the other is post filter. Post filter is the better reading, as it will tell you when its time to change filter. I believe on the 01-02 (again, I may be off on the years) there is a schraeder valve on the banjo bolt on the injection pump that you can use to get a reading from. Or there are tapped banjo bolts. You can get them from Geno's Garage. 1/8" NPT tapped hole to place where ever you want a reading from. Again, post filter will be the better place to mount it. Or you can mount it right on the IP to know exactly whats going in.