Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Formula 1 Injectors???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:37 PM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demon, how soon are you going to get your twin set-up put together? I gave you the oil fitting on my old turbo, so I had to buy a new one.
I should have my truck together soon, so I have a set available as I think my new dynomite diesel injectors are way stronger than the Macher's. My VP couldn't feed the enough fuel into the injectors so I had to get Hot rod pump just to see if that works. From what I tried so far, the ddp is a stronger stick, abit smoker but way more power. I haven't tried a dyno yet but I'll guess around the 40-50rwhp mark.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Mike, I didn't even notice there was one on there. I don't need it if you want it back. and if you stick with them DDPs, let me know I'll scoop those Machers from you for sure. As soon as I can get the new hot pipe coated I'll slap them back in.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:06 AM
The Guru

Nan, I just order one from cummings. We have to get your rig pulling some big numbers. We have to get your clutch to slip.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shortshift
Im still ticked off that they kicked him off the TDR for voicing his opinions (mostly on oil, since those were the days of "oil wars"). Its no wonder he wants his privacy. When he posts something there's always someone that will immediately flame him for his opinion. (They're sure flaming his injectors though, in their trucks - hehe).
I have always enjoyed reading Don's post when he decides to be informative. He seems no nonsense and the information is good as long as he believes it to be correct.

I have also read a few where he has decided to be aggressively informative seeminly about oposing views of competitors products, opposing opinions or people that have actually in a sense stole something from him.

Then mixing Don's with the various other personallities the threads can often get "quite interesting" in other respects.

Jim
Old 09-16-2007, 01:44 PM

I just recently had another Don M experience.
I have a p-pump converted motor in my truck and it makes certain things difficult. Injectors are one of those things. I run F1 injectors and here is why. A few months ago I sent Don a pm and told him that I wanted to try a bigger set of injectors so that I could slide my plate and afc back a bit(have been running 100 plate and afc full forward with Mach 1.2's for about a year). I figured it might be better for the p-pump if it had a bit larger hole to pump through. I told him where I was hp wise, what turbo's I was switching to(not a common setup by any stretch of the imagination) and that I was looking for about 600hp or so in daily drive trim with a bit of room to play with on dyno days. I installed them about a week ago. Not done tuning yet, but they seem to run best with the plate and AFC right smack in the middle, clean idle, low smoke as long as i depress the pedal slowly, and excellent performance boost. Looking back at my pm, he gave me exactly what I asked for. I was at around 570 before and judging by the length of the black marks it's leaving on the road doing an aggressive roll on(not a pedal mash) in 5th gear now, I'd say I'm there. This is not the first time I have gotten a set of F1's that did exactly what I asked.There are several places that make really good injectors. I personally believe that F1's are the best.
Ron
Old 09-16-2007, 01:59 PM

How does it drive different when you have the plate forward? Any more sensitive pedal?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RonA - Well said.. There is no replacement for natural ability and experience.