Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fms stronger than a tst?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fms stronger than a tst?

Ok guys there is a guy that says he has a fms,not a redline box and he says it fuels way way harder than a tst.Hes had both on his truck.He also says that the box does no timing.Whats the deal?If the Fms is a fuel only box and kicks the powermaxs butt then why arent so many people running them with a smarty instead.I think either the guy has a redline box or hes confused about something.he says that there is a timing feature on the box,but bluechips decided to get rid of the timing at the last minute or something. Any Ideas
Old 11-13-2006, 11:17 PM

Tst cost significantly less than a fms or redline and the tst comp will be competitive as far as fueling goes. The fms offers a lot of extra features and redline takes over control of the ecm in order to rev to 4000 rpms. Competition boxes are for competition imo- they're not condusive to getting a long life out of your vp44.

But then again some people can make more power with a drag comp than a stack of any the following: drag comp, smarty, redline, tst. I still think smarty works great with a fueling box (tst, fms, apb) but remain skeptical whether smarty will add power when stacking with a drag comp or redline.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

Price. An FMS has a built in pyro and boost gauge, can cut back fuel at a pre-detrmined EGT, holds high values for EGT and boost, has a tach, shows fueling rate, etc. It is pretty much an Edge attitude monitor about 3 years ahead of it's time. I love mine. it is far more adjustable than a TST. I have 63 fueling positions, 3 smoke adjustments, and 3 settings to adjust when fuel comes on with a timing box stacked.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
KVD

Really the price difference isn't that bad.

TST with EGT and Boost 850
FMS with EGT, Boost, Fuel pressure warning 1050

I've done some searching on this.

From what I got, some said the FMS fuel harder than the drag comp but not as hard as TST pm3 COMP (yes comp).

So in all the post I read I never got a clear cut winner. I just know it's supposed to be more powerful that the drag comp not as powerful as TST comp (which 180Hp pump shudder).

So end the end, I'm gonna say they are pretty close but I would still like know.

Somethin else I would like to know.

How hard does the APB fuel. I'm lookin at an HO. Well I an HO can only get 90HP from a box and the APB is 85 so if it fuels as hard as the FMS, but doesn't fuel as along I may do that.

Right now I have 2 friends with EDGE juice, 1 with the drag comp, and 2 with TST (1 is an HO, the other an SO) I want somethin different cause I did all the hook up on these truck and I just want to be different.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:17 PM

Iv ran them all cept for the TST I have the redline on now with the smarty but took the smarty out the other day and it feels just as good and makes the same on boost , I run the redline on 58 to 65% anything over that it just gets hot and no more boost , From what iv seen a good Injector makes more difference than anything one might make 10+ hp compared to another box if its worth that much to some one then go spend the $$ but if its not then a good used comp or TST is good as any other

kelownadiesel there was a Redline with the FMS cover sold on TDR a while back mayb he has that
Old 11-15-2006, 10:44 PM

Thats what im thinking,he's saying something about the % of fuel over stock too
Old 11-15-2006, 11:56 PM

Ok I finally found the thread you'll want to read:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=94853