Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fluidampr

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
Question!
Has the general feeling changed about fluid dampeners over the last two yrs? I was told to save the money! Told no real benefit and not needed on 24v, 2nd Gens staying under 4,000 rpm??

RJ
----------
RJ:

I have definitely changed my opinion of them since it was installed on the engine in my 96' 12 valve! As you are probably aware, I am above 4,000 RPM on my truck and I could tell an immediate difference in not only the sound of the engine, but the way in which the engine responds as I increase the RPM under hard throttle. Rowland,.....IMHO,.....it is much smoother now WITH the "Fluidampr" and the engine does not seem to vibrate as much either. I have been told by some that "it is my imagination" but, I totally disagree with that. I know how the truck ran both before AND after the install of the "Fluidampr" and it runs and feels so much better now. Now, whether it is needed on say a truck like my 06' Dodge CTD CR with a MAX RPM of 3200, I guess I could say "maybe not!"

As I recall, I had spoke with Justin Williams (Pourin Diesel) about the one he put on his CR and if my memory serves me right he was pretty happy with it.
Scheid Diesel had also recommended it to me and they have them on their pulling truck, the Scheid Rail Dragster, Jimmy and Dale Smith's Pro-Street Truck and many of their customers trucks.

Hope this helps you some RJ!

--------
John_P
Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringing back an old thread. Looks like I'm going with the Isspro's from Diesel manor; Thanks Scott for posting the pic of how your white w/ red pointer gauges lit up at night...I was debating on white or black with my truck...anyone got any pics of the black Isspros both daytime and night time? The more pics the better I'm also doing 3 on the pillar (FP, Pyro, boost) and Trans temp on the steering column...