Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Flex-A-Lite Fans #262 Installed....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tesla440..
I am aware of the problems created with poor wiring and have done many race cars myself.When we wired this we soldered and shrink tube wrapped each joint and the one which went on the controller were checked for fit and tightness when they were installed.Most of the guys who know me will tell you the only thing I tow is myself and I only haul in the bed if its in a box,LOL.

HOHN..
Flex-A-Lite themselves warn you if your going to tow over 18K GVW not to use them due to possible overheating conditions.My personal thought is a 2500 series truck is NOT even rated close to 18K GVW towing so to me it is not a issue.Again,I do not tow so I am not concerned.

John_P..
I have found mine doesn't develop heat either and they were done actually to try and make use of some free power and add a different look for show season.You have my number call if you want to chat there old friend and I am certain the Red Rocket would love a set of them......Andy
Old 06-14-2007, 02:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm with you, Hammer. I could totally do the conversion because I also don't tow that heavy or that often.

JH
Old 06-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Banned

I'd love to do this seeing as I don't tow but I do have a good amount of power (despite my dyno numbers ) and I'm wondering how well these will cool that. Also, can they keep the motor and tranny cool while sitting in traffic in 100* weather with the AC on full blast? That's the only 2 things stopping me.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
just run 2 fan assy. one on the outside blowing in and the one on the inside sucking in.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
John_P..
I have found mine doesn't develop heat either and they were done actually to try and make use of some free power and add a different look for show season.You have my number call if you want to chat there old friend and I am certain the Red Rocket would love a set of them......Andy[/QUOTE]
----------
Thanks Buddy! I will do that.

BTW, I talked to Doug last week and got the dates from him for "Fall Brawl" this year. I am going to try real hard to try and get up there to support you guys at this years event. See if I can give Fred Huber some competition on that dyno!

--------
John_P
Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

Well I went back to our famed myth busting Dyno-Jet today we Mason-Dixon TDC members call "The Humbler".Its called that because it makes no claims and takes those who makes those claims weak with fear.

Today's runs were done in the same mode as the last recent runs on my truck at our clubs Spring Fling event.The correction factor was the same and the only difference was a minor elevation of humidity with the storms rolling through.I had the same injectors,same intake,same fuel pump so nothing was different mechanically.

At any rate off the Dyno-Jet today my truck had a increase of 7.67hp and 26.34tq over what was made at the spring show.I had a best run there of 478.61hp/981.92tq at the spring show and todays numbers were 486.28hp/1008.26tq.So what did I learn today,they must have made their 26hp gains on something other than a heavily fueled 12v.

My fuel milage gain has been at 3.1 mpg doing my normal driving which is a combined city and highway conditions.The truck had been averaging 16.93mpg and now the last two tanks have been over 20.....Andy
Old 06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Dang. 3mpg is enough for me to do it. If only I knew how well it would cool down here.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

One thing I could not compare is what the difference on the dyno would be if the stock fan was fully engaged and running.I would be willing to bet if the stocker was in total lockup then the HP difference would have alot more significant.I really didn't look at it that way and late last nite when chatting with fellow TDR/DTR member B Kirk he was the one who reminded me of that and I thanked him...............Andy

BigBlue..
I wish I could help you but the heat here is waaayyy different than what you see in Texas.I have made many many trips acroos the vst expanse of your state in heavy trucks but never in my pickup.Soon I will when I slip down to visit one of my club members who moved down there.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the report back, Hammer. Good information.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

I understand hammer. I just wish somebody else who lives in this heat would test these fans. I never tow so I'm not worried about that but I do a lot of city driving with the AC on full blast so I need something that can keep up. Thanks for the feedback though. Maybe once this truck becomes a weekend toy I'll put the fans on there.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Andy:

Thanks for the updates buddy!

Man, you have me convinced that those fans are something I am definitely going to look into for my 96' Red Ram! BTW,.....it was great talking to you on the phone the other Andy! Thanks for the call.

--------
John_P
Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=Hammer;1571015]One thing I could not compare is what the difference on the dyno would be if the stock fan was fully engaged and running.I would be willing to bet if the stocker was in total lockup then the HP difference would have alot more significant.I really didn't look at it that way and late last nite when chatting with fellow TDR/DTR member B Kirk he was the one who reminded me of that and I thanked him...............Andy

Hammer, is everything still going good with the fans?? Where did you get yours from? Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

theKidfan...
They were purchased from Scot at American Speed Center in York,PA.

With the recent temps around here I have been waiting to see how they would respond.We have had the warmest temps since 2002 with the mercury going over 100 and 100% humidity levels.I have had zero issues with the fans and have yet to see them allow the water temp to slip over 190.The day it was 102 here I even went driving in traffic that Sunday to try and get it hot and did not suceed.I am very pleased with them and am glad they perform as good as they look.......Andy